Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji x100s or Xe-1  (Read 5034 times)

Timein

Fuji x100s or Xe-1
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:43:07 am »

Which camera would you order now. Looking to shoot street and landscape. Thanks, Steve

Why is fuji making us nuts introducing new models within 3 months of their most recent models!

Ed B

• Light Conspiracy
Re: Fuji x100s or Xe-1
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:10:39 pm »

I've been looking at the XE1 and the Xpro. There is a pretty good deal out there now with the purchase of the Pro, buy the body and get the 35mm and 18mm half off. Not a bad deal for that body and two lenses at 2k. Haven't really considered the 100, I'd prefer interchangable lenses.

John Gellings

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 08:54:20 am »

Why is fuji making us nuts introducing new models within 3 months of their most recent models!

I guess they figured that people know how to differentiate between a fixed lens camera and a interchangable lens camera.  Would you rather they just release one model and fade into obscurity?   ;D

mikekobal

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:00:08 am »

Hey Steve,
I have been shooting with the X E1 for a few month now and just got my hands on the X100s (one of the shots from my first part review made the flickr/explore page :)
street and landscape is a tough requirement for any camera, except a Leica M, perhaps.

My impressions so far: AF has been drastically improved on the X100s over the X100, however, it still misses focus and the difference is not big enough to dump the X-E1/Xpro1 in favor of it.
hope this helps
cheers,
Mike
mikekobal.com/blog

brianrybolt

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 06:41:14 am »

I really like my EX-1.  Been shooting with it now for a couple of months in different scenarios and I feel its very good.  Been doing landscapes, portraits and architecture in varying situations.  Their lenses are excellent and unless you're doing hard news - music - sports, focus is not a problem.  It punches way above its weight.

Brian

David S

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 07:56:36 am »

Any one care to comment on the EVF of the Xe-1?

Dave S

MartinSpence

• Martin Spence Photography
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 07:04:08 am »

I'm not a great fan of the EVF, to me it seems it has a little lag/pixelated.

I got the X-E1 a coupe months ago but used it at a wedding last Saturday. It was good for the documentary shots and I used the screen as opposed to the EVF, but I used my DSLR's for the posed shots.

Saying that I do love the X-E1 and take it everywhere with me, so much niced than carrying a big camera bag...
Pages: [1]   Go Up