Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexpected Behavior of Adobe DNG Profile Editor  (Read 7236 times)

samueljohnchia

Re: Unexpected Behavior of Adobe DNG Profile Editor
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 07:57:26 pm »

ACR/LR were reported to interpolate between, or extrapolate beyond, a pair of matrices ("profiles") built for illuminants D65 and A depending on white balance. I'd expect the DNG Profile Editor to do the same after auto-whitebal when running the Chart Wizard with the "Both Color Tables" option.

Peter

--

Peter, I don't quite understand what you are saying. Sandy has informed me that his "Both color tables" profile contains two HueSatDelta tables, not one like mine. No idea why. Perhaps I can reproduce that. I don't think that the DNG PE is interpolating between the two forwardmatrix tables or the XYZtoCamera matrix tables to derive the HueSatDelta tables. Please correct me if I'm wrong, or have misunderstood you.

Hence, the starting point (= interpolated matrix) for building the deltaHue/Sat. on top would be different compared to "2850 K only + 6500 K only" and starting with either this or that matrix. The latter approach does not seem to make sense to me.

If interpolation was at play, I doubt that the DNG PE and LR/ACR would be using different algorithms. I would expect the result to be the same. According to the DNG spec, "After the camera colors have been converted to XYZ (D50) values, the Hue/Saturation/Value mapping table, if any, is applied. If there are two Hue/Saturation/Value mapping tables, then they are interpolated in the same way that color calibration tags are interpolated."

I don't follow why "the latter approach does not seem to make sense" to you? The HueSatDelta tables are interpolated the same way as the forward and camera matrices to render colors in LR/ACR.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:58:59 pm by samueljohnchia »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up