Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Presets and Importing Images  (Read 1867 times)

edward1209

• http://www.amindseye.com
Presets and Importing Images
« on: January 10, 2013, 09:23:27 pm »

I can create a Lens Corrections Profile Preset and I can set it up to be applied to all images During Import. What if I use two lens during my shoot? I know I can create separate Lens Corrections Profiles, but can I apply multiple Lens Corrections Profiles during Import for those shoots where I used different lenses?

Tony Jay

Re: Presets and Importing Images
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:03:19 pm »

Lightroom knows what lens you used - embedded in the metadata you know!

So it applies the appropriate lens profile and it won't matter how many different lenses you used.
The only exception to this statement is if there is no lens profile for the lens in question - in that instance no lens profile will be applied.

Tony Jay

eliedinur

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:00:05 am »

You may want to take into consideration that some people find that on their systems LR slows down significantly when the lens correction has been applied, especially when doing local edits (as opposed to global edits) because the program has to do double calculations, first on the original data and then on the pixels as moved by the lens correction. If this happens to you the solution is to simply leave lens correction off until the end of the workflow.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

stamper

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 04:11:28 am »

If you leave it till the end then the correction may skew the edits that you have done. The change of vignetting will have an effect?

jljonathan

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 01:18:24 am »

I have found that if I wait until I finish with all basic and local adjustments and then enable lens correction, I have to go back and readjust due to changes in exposure and other parameters, including vignetting. It just seem to make sense to wait.
Pages: [1]   Go Up