Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Southwest Portugal - winter skies  (Read 1411 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Southwest Portugal - winter skies
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:35:14 am »

I have spent Christmas at my country house in southwest Portugal, and took the opportunity to take some photos. This time around, I only took the small Canon G15, which proved to be quite capable. I was particularly impressed with the great skies, with lots of interesting light and cloud patterns. Below are some examples.

stamper

Re: Southwest Portugal - winter skies
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:39:56 am »

1,2 & 4 but not 3. You have let yourself down with regards to 3. In sunset photography I believe you have to have good foreground interest and in 1 2 & 3 you have enough of that to make them attractive & pleasing images. :)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:05:04 am »

#2 in particular is good. I agree with stamper about #3.

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:51:22 am »

I love those skies but I'm with both Stamper and Jeremy, photo #3 has nothing to do with the three others.
Francois

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:27:10 am »

Thanks for the comments, very interesting the opinions about #3. I actually like the photo because it is not as "dramatic" in terms of clouds or light, as the other three.

What atracted me to the scene in #3 was the pinkish hue reflected in the water in the middle of the pastures. I like it's more subdued tonalities and pastel like colours.

francois

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:42 am »

What atracted me to the scene in #3 was the pinkish hue reflected in the water in the middle of the pastures. I like it's more subdued tonalities and pastel like colours.

I do see and understand what you captured but the hues are almost pastel and compared to the other three images, it looks a bit "underpowered" (for lack of a better word).

It's very far from a bad photo, really.
Francois

churly

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 01:10:49 pm »

Paulo - I actually like #3 a lot, especially the color and patterns of the foreground.  It is a matter of presentation.  The vivid colors of the others sort of overwhelms #3.  I would bet that if had you presented by itself the reaction would have been different.  Or maybe not.  I personally like gentle colors.

But then, it is well known that 'geo-people' see the world differently.
Chuck Hurich
Pages: [1]   Go Up