Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Epson 9900, green ink total clogged.  (Read 20145 times)

framah

Re: Help Epson 9900, green ink total clogged.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 09:47:53 am »

At this point, a 12ga shotgun to the right side of the printer should it and you out of your collective misery.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

papahipon

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 01:37:20 pm »

Install new Pump and Selector unit and still Green ink clog. Also removed the printhead and do test cleaning fluid flush and see nice flow of fluid coming out. But how come its still no GREEN, the rest of the color is fine.
Did 7x pair cleaning O/G and still no luck.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »

After LV 4 pair cleaning green/orange, I was able to get 2 tiny strips, but the color looks orange not green.

Can someone help?

Thanks
sorry just saw this. If you are getting the wrong color of ink from a nozzle (which it appears you might be) usually does indicate a head failure.  If after all you have done you still get no green ink the failure may well be in the extremely delicate electronics in the head.

pandabob

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »

This is an older thread but I did want to chime in because I recently fixed a very similar problem on a 7880 where the magenta channel was completely blocked. When I could get a color out of it it was green. The 7880 doesn't have a green channel. BUT, the magenta channel on the head is between yellow and blue. It turned out that the ink was dried up in the tube. I figure that negative pressure in the dampers or head was pulling yellow and blue backwards through the head and coming back out as green.

In any case, I disconnected the magenta tube at both ends and forced air from the end near the cartridge bay with a refilling syringe which pushed a long dried up magenta snake out the other end. Have a bowl or cup ready to catch it!

Printed 100% after that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up