Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100ps 44" error code 44:10  (Read 6007 times)

kwbpics

Z3100ps 44" error code 44:10
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:07:20 pm »

Hello. I have an error code - 44:10. Stopped in the middle of a print.
Restarts are no help, of course.
Does anyone know the issue?
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you

Kevin Beer In

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Z3100ps 44" error code 44:10
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:33:15 pm »

According to the manual, the 44:10 error is a failure of what they call the aerosol fan. You will need to get the service manual and that will show you how to troubleshoot and re-seat or replace the related connectors or components, as needed. It’s possible that one of the fan’s electrical connections came loose or that the fan was gummed up by ink or dust.

You can find links to the manual somewhere on this site. If you can’t find the manual, send me your email address privately and I’ll email it to you.

kwbpics

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 02:23:42 pm »

Thank you, Justan. I have the manual. Just needed to know where to start.

Kevin Beer In

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:01:25 pm »

If it were me, I’d start by being mildly exasperated, and use that as an opportunity to go for a walk or bike ride. Once I got back, I’d realize it hadn’t fixed itself, so I’d become exasperated again. At some point I’d get around to runing the diagnostic test on the fan that the manual illustrates. This procedure is noted in on about page 100.

If it fails the test, I’d collect my tool kit and some other stuff to get ready to remove the right side cover. It only takes about 20 minutes or so. Next I’d find a box and some baggies and a sharpie pen to note which screws and other bits end up being placed in which bag, or box. The side cover is actually designed to be removed, so is pretty easy to do. I’ve had the questionable fortune to conclude that from the perspective of disassembly and re-assembly the printer is fairly well engineered.

Once you have the cover off it will be pretty easy to see what condition the fan is in, and if the connectors are seated.

When I had mine apart, I found that a bunch of ink made its way to the aerosol fan and produced quite a mess. I removed the fan assembly from the printer and cleaned everything with lint free paper towels and a lot of Windex. It cleaned up okay.

If the fan needs to be replaced, HP has a part number for it, so it can be ordered.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 06:56:26 am »

Hello. I have an error code - 44:10. Stopped in the middle of a print.
Restarts are no help, of course.
Does anyone know the issue?
Any help would be welcome.
Thank you

I had the same problem..
In fact it was the first reason to open the z3100 - after 3 years of use
You can buy the new fan from HP very cheap and replacement is easy... You have the service manual?

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up