Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery Print Cards  (Read 1102 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Gallery Print Cards
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:04:02 pm »

When you need to print a sheet for a print to identify the name;location;media etc. how do you go about it? Is there someplace to buy attractive cards with blank areas for Name;Location etc? Is there a name for these cards?

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Re: Gallery Print Cards
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:43:54 pm »

If you're asking what I think you're asking... I just use Epson's Enhanced Matte in 8.5x11 sheets cut in half to make a 5.5x8.5 'card'.  I designed a card in PS that has a small image of the larger print with title, date and location taken, camera settings, a small blurb about the photo (about the location, or why I photographed it in the first place, or some history of the subject) and then the printing information, edition information, etc.  I like the Enhanced Matte paper because I usually print on matte papers for my images so it kinda has the same 'look' to it.. and it's cheap - but decent quality.  Since it's double-sided, on the back I print a small bio and framing (unless it's already framed) and display recommendations.
Mike Guilbault

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:22:06 am »

Exactly what I was looking for-thanks

Robcat

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:29:41 pm »

I do pretty much what Mike G does a little smaller with a bit less info, but I also sign it (maybe goes without saying, but just thought I'd make sure).

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:17:09 pm »

I also sign it... and market it as 'The Artists' Statement' pertaining to the individual image.  Clients love it.

Here's a link to a page on my website about it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:23:25 pm by Mike Guilbault »
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up