Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to adjust the size of the file==open dialog box, CS6 windows  (Read 1112 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

With CS6, when I use the file==open dialog, the menu screen opens in Full screen, which on a 30 inch monitor is way to large.  You can go down to the edge of the open
box with your mouse pointer and when you hit the edge, you get the double arrows that normally allow you to shrink or enlarge a dialog box.  However in CS6 these arrows
have no effect.  I am sure there is way to "unlock" this but I have not been able to figure it out and a google search really provided no assistance.  Once again there much be
a simple way to override this, but so far I have not been able to figure it out.  The same thing happens in CS5

Win 7 64 bit, CS6 64 bit extended, (Not Cloud)

I just want to be able to resize the box to about 1/4 of full size.

Thanks
Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: How to adjust the size of the file==open dialog box, CS6 windows
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:41:29 pm »

Alt+Space+S, then use the arrow keys to resize the dialogue.  For many windows and dialogues, F11 will toggle between full screen and partial screen, but on my Vista system that doesn't work for the File dialogue.

Under PS's View->Screen Mode the installation default is "Standard Screen Mode" maybe that has something to do with it.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 04:45:57 pm »

Real simply just double click the top of the window.  That toggles between full or not.  In Not - you can resize with the corner, not in full.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 05:42:48 pm »

Thanks to you both.  I knew it was a simple thing.  I had tried everything but double clicking on the top of the window.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up