Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDR 32bit will not open in PS fromLR.  (Read 1400 times)

Righteye

HDR 32bit will not open in PS fromLR.
« on: December 29, 2012, 04:15:25 pm »

I have recently watched the video tutorial LR4.x HDR32bit and all goes well until i try to open the tif that has been saved from photoshop (32bit) back to Lightroom and then want to reopen it for further work in Photoshop.This file can be adjusted in Lightroom with no problem and i'am very pleased to have learnt this technique.
If the file has been saved as HDR 16bit then i have no problem in opening this in Photoshop, i should mention that i'am using CS5 not 6 and this maybe causing a compatibility issue.
I would grateful if someone could clear this up.

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
Re: HDR 32bit will not open in PS fromLR.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 10:08:10 pm »

Are you sure that your 32bit HDR file is a tiff and not a psd?

Righteye

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:47:53 am »

Thanks for your reply Bryan, i had made that mistake in the save option a couple of times but not on this image.
I have this AM downloaded the latest LR4.x and this is now giving me a dialog giving me the option to allow LR to render image because the version of camera raw i have in PS CS5 is not fully compatible, looks like the day i have to upgrade to CS6 is looming near.
This technique is giving great HDR (natural look) and it was worth cost of the LR4.x tutorial for this alone.

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 11:39:01 am »

Ahhhh.....I did not think to ask if you were using Lightroom 4.3. Version 4.0 could not work with a 32bit floating point image.  I still make the mistake of saving as a psd file pretty often.  I am glad you got it sorted out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up