Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wedding / Event Photoghaphy question...  (Read 2363 times)

pwbrian

Wedding / Event Photoghaphy question...
« on: December 28, 2012, 05:23:21 pm »

So...  I'm hoping you might share your opinions with me...

I work for a company that provides Photoshop services like Photo Restoration, photo to art, etc. for retailers and labs.  We've been toying with the idea of putting together a package services that wedding / event photographers might find useful.  Before we put too much time or energy into it, I'm hoping you all might share some input on whether this is even interesting to you.  The basic idea is that we'd take care of tedious tasks freeing you up to shoot more as well as provide top notch graphic art to those who might not have those skills.

Here's some of the services we'd provide if we decide to move forward...
Basic edits - Color balance / adjusting, rotating cropping, cut out, possibly file naming, etc.  Things that need doing but can be tedious. 
Artistic - Background removal / clean up, art effects (paint, drawing, etc)
Event Templates - Event oriented backgrounds and subject placement (company logos, custom graphics for events with subjects placed)
FB Timeline memento - A graphic designed for the event with subjects placed.
Services would have some form of rework guarantee and you and your client will have creative input with graphic work.

So...  Does this have any legs?  Are there any Photoshop services you would consider farming out that aren't above?  Again, the idea is to get tedious and time consuming tasks off your plate to book and shoot more.  I know some of it will depend on price, quality and turnaround time.  But is the idea sound?  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Brian

pwbrian

Re: Wedding / Event Photoghaphy question...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:45:59 pm »

Thought I'd try again and see if I might get a response.  Not looking to sell this yet.  Just looking to see if outsourcing is something you'd consider / find useful.  Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 05:14:33 pm »

There are already a ton of services that do this, I'd say about 15-20% of the wedding shooter here use them such as http://shootdotedit.com/

Walt Roycraft

• roycraftart
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 07:38:37 pm »

Yup, tons already offer it.

Try joining DWF (digital wedding forum) to get a sense of what's out there
Walter Roycraft
http://www.roycraftart.c

pwbrian

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 04:55:35 pm »

Thanks for the input.  I figured there might be someone out there already doing this sort of thing.  I'll check out that link and have a look at what they provide.  It's at lest good to know the market exists.  Thanks again! 

K.C.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 08:32:34 pm »

And then there's the overseas services. FTP scans/images, get images retouched and back overnight for pennies on the dollar. Lots of talent out there hungry for work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up