Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: San Francisco from Mount Tam  (Read 952 times)

Matt Tilghman

• MattTilghman.com
San Francisco from Mount Tam
« on: December 26, 2012, 11:45:48 am »

"San Francisco from Mount Tam"

Embarrassingly, this photo was taken on my first trip to Mount Tamalpais, after living in the Bay Area for over three years. But I like visiting locations over and over to build a rapport with the landscape – and when I lived in the Mid-Peninsula, that meant visiting the Mid-Peninsula Open Space Preserves. Now that I live in San Francisco, I see it as a chance to branch out, and start building a relationship with some North Bay landscapes. The Golden Gate National Recreation Center is top on my list, with its (relatively) towering mountains, its rolling hillsides, and its panoramic vistas of the bay, the Pacific Ocean, and the San Francisco skyline. My first visit to Mount Tam coincided with a beautiful sunset, and needless to say, I'll be coming back.

Hope you enjoy!
Matt
Check out my gallery and photoshop blog:  www.MattTilghman.com

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: San Francisco from Mount Tam
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 08:05:19 pm »

Good shot, have not seen that angle before.

The genre of "city nested within wilderness" has not been a popular one, especially for those of us who know that man made objects in a landscape are the kiss of sales death, except where those objects are in a state of ruins or at least 100 years old.  But it's also a very interesting idea and worthy of more exploration.  I have a few such shots that actually do quite well, but only because of sparkling city lights that seem to somehow soften the man made impact.  Perhaps the pretty sky will help you here!

Matt Tilghman

• MattTilghman.com
Re: San Francisco from Mount Tam
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:54:47 am »

Thanks Bill!  I have noticed that fact, too, but I'm hopeful for this one!
Check out my gallery and photoshop blog:  www.MattTilghman.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up