Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find the "Cars" thread, so....  (Read 4309 times)

Rob C

Re: Can't find the "Cars" thread, so....
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 06:00:13 am »

And  now we turn to the realm of lies: wasn't it originally billed as a replica? Can't be both.

Rob C

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 08:23:54 am »

Yes it was, therefore doubtful there is an engine or a gas tank and thus no fuel costs involved.  ;D
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 09:06:38 am »

Oh, I do not know, Russ... perhaps indicating the size of the market? Higher volume leading to lower prices? Ever bought things in Costco, in bulk? Ever wondered why it is cheaper to buy bulk? What made Walmart family the richest on Earth? Not selling high volume at low prices?

I've never wondered about any of that stuff, Slobodan. That's why I'm a free-marketer and pusher for capitalism. Capitalism is what saves people from poverty in parts of the world where people and their governments let it flourish. As capitalism shrinks, poverty increases. As Casey said, "you could look it up."
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 09:45:05 am »

I'm just trying to figure out what the heck all this discourse about the cost of petrol in Europe has to do with a posted pic of a 1936 Mercedes benz?????????????

Come to think of it... Internet discussion threads are like sex... it all starts rather innocently, then one thing leads to another...  ;)

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 11:49:39 am »

Come to think of it... Internet discussion threads are like sex... it all starts rather innocently, then one thing leads to another...  ;)

That's just an age thing, Slobodan.

I've had innumerable conversations and even Internet discussions these past four years; yet, I'm still in my second virginity, with no signs of an independently wealthy, beautiful lady in her early 50s willing to accompany me in a slow, fancy-following drive through France next spring. Perhaps if I changed it to summer I'd find one, but I don't like busy roads much. Priorities, priorities; I said it was an age thing. Oh - I'd happily leave the cameras at home, if that mattered. More than snaps (or even sexual snacks), I'd enjoy a series of good meals with fine company for as long as it lasted...

Disclaimer: this is not a proposition, because if it were, I'd place it in the Goods For Sale slot.

;-)

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up