Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help! Print dialog box crashing in both lightroom and photoshop CS5  (Read 3045 times)

vsmith

Hi,
I purchased a new 7900.  I can't print from either lightroom nor Photoshop. In the print dialog box when you go to printer settings under the basic tab the screen is entirely weird and screwed up. When I try to push on the tab to select the media type the entire lightroom or photoshop program crashes.  Under print mode it says accuphotoHDR below that the tab says EPIJ_CITN: and below that the tab says EPIJ_Qual then to the right of that it says LS_16bit color and below that it says LS_AMMUseGenericR

Below that there are 4 choices that say LS_MicroWeave Super, High speed, Flip Horizontal, and Finest Detail....

I use Apple iMac running 10.7

I've been able to print using mirage but I can't print from anyother application that requires this print dialog box

Please help...anyone ever seen this before??????
Thank you

elolaugesen

Re: help! Print dialog box crashing in both lightroom and photoshop CS5
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:27:23 am »

If like most users you installed the software with the supplied dvd then it may out of date software.  I suggest that you delete all epson drivers for the machine.  Go to the epson site and download latest software....  Epson just recently updated most of their drivers.

cheers  elo

(this is the simple solution...)

Ken

• http://kenschuster.com
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 09:55:37 am »

... delete all epson drivers for the machine.  Go to the epson site and download latest software....  Epson just recently updated most of their drivers.

I agree with elolaugesen 100%. Afterwards, make it a monthly calendar item to check the Epson site for updates. I have never received an update notification from them, even though I've checked the box a couple dozen times over the past two years. And... for a brand new 7900, you have free access to Epson's usually very good tech support.

vsmith

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:01:50 am »

Hi
THANK YOU!!!!
I think I'm up and running now
I did the following:
1. deleted all the printers by pressing the "-"(minus) button in the print dialog box from system preferences
2. I downloaded the epson print driver and epson uninstaller from the epson website
3. unplugged the USB cable to the printer
4. used the epson uninstaller to delete the epson driver I downloaded off the DVD
5. upgraded to photoshop 12.0.4 and lightroom 4.3
6. re-installed the epson print driver from the epson website

The print dialogue box now looks correct in photoshop and lightroom. I will try to print hopefully later today after picking up some light black ink(epson really sucks by not providing a full set of ink with a new professional grade printer...nothing says unprofessional than charging you thousands of dollars for something that won't work without investing another $1,500...freaking criminal) to make sure it works.

Ken

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 11:40:26 am »

...epson really sucks by not providing a full set of ink

??? I've never heard of that. If you bought your printer from an authorized dealer, was it a demo, return or ... ?

aduke

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 11:43:06 am »

??? I've never heard of that. If you bought your printer from an authorized dealer, was it a demo, return or ... ?

I had the same experience a couple of years ago when I purchased a 4880, new, from an authorized dealer... No matte black ink. :(

Alan
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:44:40 am by aduke »

Ken

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 12:24:08 pm »

I had the same experience a couple of years ago when I purchased a 4880, new, from an authorized dealer... No matte black ink. :(

You guys are shaking my faith in Epson. The 7900 should come with a full set of 150ml ink tanks... enough for a few large prints. My experience has been stellar. (I hope I didn't jinx it by writing that.)
I presume you were able to get the missing tank without charge.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:26:22 pm by Ken »

aduke

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 03:19:53 pm »

Uh, no.  But the seller had discounted the price and there were two large rebates, so the total cost was around $900. :)

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up