Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei Hy6 mod2 ..price?  (Read 17810 times)

colorspace.am

Rollei Hy6 mod2 ..price?
« on: December 22, 2012, 12:41:25 am »

A little bit of a pointless thread, but I never heard back from DHW and my leaf [credo] dealer also touched base with them but never heard back soooo.. I was wondering if anyone had a confirmed price on the new AFi? And is anyone aware of whether or not it's possible to have the battery grip swapped out for the Leaf one (I'd rather not have to use the Sinar/Rollei batteries in one camera and Leaf in another).

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: Rollei Hy6 mod2 ..price?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 12:54:57 am »

Hi Alex,
The last time I e-mailed with Reiner at DHW was end of October.  I had intended to send one of my bodies in for the upgrade, but have been busy and it just works great now so not sure I need the upgrade.  Anyhow here's the e-mail reply with cost and a bit more.  I guess a lot of people asked if they could change the body panel colors.  I think if you send in your camera for the upgrade they'd charge you about 100 euros to change the contacts to the leaf battery - maybe more maybe less - I've had it done to one of my bodies and it wasn't really expensive, but can't recall the price.

If your camera has the firmware 3.10 or 3.10 A3 and the 3rd no. of the serial no. is 3 or 4 the upgrade is possible. We are not able to change the outer parts in black. The price for the upgrade is 349,- Euro.

Please send the camera to the address as following :

DHW Fototechnik GmbH
Service
Salzdahlumerstr. 196
38126 Braunschweig
Germany
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:56:59 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

colorspace.am

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 01:17:36 am »

Remembered seeing this in a previous thread of yours - but looking for the Hy6 II body outright (keeping the AFi and your back as their own system and picking up the Credo/mod 2 sometime in the new year)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:29:00 am »

Ah... I see.    I dunno if those are available yet or not.   Credo on Mod 2 looks great! 
Rolleiflex USA

JerryReed

• jerry@jerryreed.net
    • http://jerryreed.net
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 12:42:38 pm »

Check out the price for the Rolleiflex Mod 2 at B&H Photo

Jerry

colorspace.am

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 01:00:28 pm »

That's not the mod 2.

colorspace.am

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 02:12:56 am »

Found it on a forum - 8200 EU for body/4560/80 AFD PQS

In case anyone was wondering.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:17 pm »

I wonder how much just the camera body is?   If I subtract out for the lens and film back, it must be around 5000 euro? 
Rolleiflex USA

MarkoRepse

• www.markorepse.com
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 03:08:26 pm »

here are some prices: http://www.ctrades.com/rollei.htm

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »

You may also have noticed that DHW is offering a special end-of-year sales on the original Hy6 including AFD 80mm Xenotar and 6x6 film back for 5.995 euro including taxes and shipment. Not a bad deal !
http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/

And, by the way, I was also inquiring about the update but was advised that further refinements are still being developed so it may not be a bad idea to wait a little with any upgrade from the original Hy6 to the Mod 2 version.

Pascal
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 06:11:46 pm »

here are some prices: http://www.ctrades.com/rollei.htm

Wondered who they were/are. Has anyone ever done business with them?
Geoff

colorspace.am

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 06:34:04 pm »

Google: reseller ratings ctrades

..there's one on photo.net ..in the first few results. About 4 or 5 reviews about the store. Slightly dated. Most about some guy called Mike - but all positive.

Lacunapratum

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:56 pm »

Mike is a good guy.  Used to work out of Malibu, now moved to Europe.  Definitely trustworthy. 

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 06:38:27 pm »

Ctrades was US based for a long while, then it/he disappeared for a year or two and resurfaced in Europe.   Everything I have heard has been positive, but I've not bought anything from him.

Rolleiflex USA

Lacunapratum

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 07:29:04 pm »

I bought a 6008AF and a 180mm Tele-Xenar AF from him, both new.  Way back...  Immaculate service.  Nice guy.  Very personable. 

DHW-JHartje

• DHW Fototechnik GmbH
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:53 am »

Hi,

I don't know if I'm allowed to post prices in this forum but I'll try:

The german enduser price incl. 19% VAT is about 7.140 € (Body, WLF, 6x6 filmback, battery & charger) the kit with 80mm AFD Lens is about 9.340 €.

To get further information the best is to contact us directly.

The price for upgrading your existing Hy6 depends on the firmware-version and the serial-no of the body. So here the best way is also to contact us directly.

Best regards,

Johannes Hartje

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 05:46:34 pm »

Hello Johannes,
good to see you in this forum!
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

Lacunapratum

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 11:02:50 pm »

Dear Mr. Hartje,

We are all big time impressed with DHW's emergence on this forum.  Your participation is certainly very helpful. 

$9K for a body is not cheap, but then it's fantastic to have a new rig to mount those Schneider lenses on.  The real ones.  Not the Mamiyaschneiders  :).  And all those nice backs.  Leaf and Sinar. 

I guess 9K is somewhere between the Leica, where the amount pays for one third of the body (you may pick which third), and the Pentax, which comes with the sensor.  And the Rollei Schneiders come with a leaf shutter and there is plenty of accessories to be had.  And you can get fast Zeisses, shift, and three macro lenses. 

The other day I was thinking that if the camera was introduced today, with all those marvelous fast lenses and features, it would be a sensation.  Perhaps with a little marketing as well...  Photographers would drop their Leicas, Hasselblads, and Mamiyas left and right.

Well - we are glad you finally made it. 

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 12:47:45 am »

+1 for DHW participating in the Forum!

But if I read it correctly, the body price is 7140 euro with the film back and the VAT.  For those of us outside Europe, would the price not be - 19% or 5785 Euro?   And if we didn't need the film back, could we purchase the body separately?  I think the film back adds 1000 euro or something like that?

Another question for Mr. Hartje:   Does the Mod2 body only work with Leaf backs, or all existing backs including the Sinar?
Rolleiflex USA

DHW-JHartje

• DHW Fototechnik GmbH
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 02:48:02 am »

First of all, thank you all for your warming welcome. I will try to keep you up to date at everything you could be interested in.

But if I read it correctly, the body price is 7140 euro with the film back and the VAT.  For those of us outside Europe, would the price not be - 19% or 5785 Euro?   And if we didn't need the film back, could we purchase the body separately?  I think the film back adds 1000 euro or something like that?

Another question for Mr. Hartje:   Does the Mod2 body only work with Leaf backs, or all existing backs including the Sinar?

Dear Eric

1. yes this kit includes a film back. And yes VAT is about 19% (but on top) so the price for the kit is about 6.000 € without VAT (and of couse without lense).
The price for a kit including Body, WLF, Battery, charger and neckstrap is about 4.820 € (if you include VAT it is 5.735,80 €)

2. At the moment there is just the option of a leafback for the Hy6 Mod 2. But you can also use all of the three credos!

Dear Mr. Hartje,

We are all big time impressed with DHW's emergence on this forum.  Your participation is certainly very helpful. 

$9K for a body is not cheap, but then it's fantastic to have a new rig to mount those Schneider lenses on.  The real ones.  Not the Mamiyaschneiders  :).  And all those nice backs.  Leaf and Sinar. 

I guess 9K is somewhere between the Leica, where the amount pays for one third of the body (you may pick which third), and the Pentax, which comes with the sensor.  And the Rollei Schneiders come with a leaf shutter and there is plenty of accessories to be had.  And you can get fast Zeisses, shift, and three macro lenses. 

The other day I was thinking that if the camera was introduced today, with all those marvelous fast lenses and features, it would be a sensation.  Perhaps with a little marketing as well...  Photographers would drop their Leicas, Hasselblads, and Mamiyas left and right.

Well - we are glad you finally made it. 

Dear Lacunapratum,

the $9k is not the price for the body, it also includes already lenses an accessories. So if you deduct everything you'll come to the price I mentioned above : 4820€ + VAT and I think this price isn't that far away from our competitors.
And like you said: you can have all the nice accessories like fine lenses, interchangeable viewfinders and the great option to choose by yourself and from one job to another if you use film or digital back!

Best regards,

Johannes
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up