Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei Hy6 mod2 ..price?  (Read 17812 times)

Lacunapratum

Re: Rollei Hy6 mod2 ..price?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 12:27:04 am »

Thanks for clarifying.  I guess between $6.3K and 7K (taxes, shipping) is very competitive and a great price for a entry into a great system. 

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 04:09:54 pm »

Yes, I think the Hy6 Mod2 is price competitively relative to the other options such as a DF+ for example, and you'd be getting a much better camera too.  ;D

Johanes,
Can you tell us that already own one or more Hy6/AFi bodies, if DHW is ready to perform updates on the bodies that are eligible?  I read above that Pascal writes there are some final refinements are being made and it would be good to wait a bit longer?   

Also I am curious to know if the color temp or white balance sensor in the Hy6 will be incorporated for use with the digital backs with any of the current or future updates?
Thanks,
Eric
Rolleiflex USA

Guillaumeperret

• Guillaume Perret photography
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

Hello everybody!
I'm new on the forum.
I'm sorry about my english. I'm in Switzerland, in the french part.

I have 2 questions:

1. I have a digital back Leaf aptus 65 I use with a Hasselblad 503CW.
I would like to have a Rollei Hy6.
Do you know if I can fit my back on the Hy6?
If yes, do you know the price of the adapter?

2. Is a HY6 mod1 with a update the same that a HY6 mod2

Because if i buy a used HY6 mod 1 + 1000Euros for the update it less expensive that if I buy a HY6 mod2.

Thank you very much for your Help!

Guillaume

www.guillaumeperret.com

Guillaume Perret

www.guillaumeperret.com

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 08:54:33 pm »

Bonjour, Guillaume,

Second question first:
2) An updated Hy6 Mod 1 should be the same as the Mod 2 except for the exterior color.  The Mod 1 will retain the odd grey-blue color, while the Mod 2 is in proper, sexy black.  (Is my bias showing?)

1) The back will need to have its mount changed to AFi mount.  I don't know if the Aptus 65 was ever offered in AFi mount, but I believe the 75 was, so there is some hope (anyone know for certain?).  The AFi-II 7, 10 and 12 are, and so are the new Credo's.  Leaf's Yair Shahar can probably answer this definitively, if you drop him a message.  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=54519

Bonne chance et bienvenue!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:01:09 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 09:12:51 pm »

Bonjour, Guillaume,

Second question first:
2) An updated Hy6 Mod 1 should be the same as the Mod 2 except for the exterior color.  The Mod 1 will retain the odd grey-blue color, while the Mod 2 is in proper, sexy black.  (Is my bias showing?)

1) The back will need to have its mount changed to AFi mount.  I don't know if the Aptus 65 was ever offered in AFi mount, but I believe the 75 was, so there is some hope (anyone know for certain?).  The AFi-II 7, 10 and 12 are, and so are the new Credo's.  Leaf's Yair Shahar can probably answer this definitively, if you drop him a message.  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=54519

Bonne chance et bienvenue!

Indeed there was a Leaf AFi 6. It debuted in 2007 and actually cost about $1,800 less than an AFI 5. However, I don't believe Leaf ever offered the ability to have a mount swap to a Leaf AFi mount from a different camera platform (the Sinar eMotion Series Digital Backs for Hy6did offer user changeable interface adapters). The Leaf AFi has a different form factor and the internal electronics are different than the Aptus/Aptus-II series.

That means the only way to get to a Leaf AFi with the 22 or 28 megapixel sensor would be selling/trading your existing Aptus 65 for a used AFi 5/AFi 6/AFi 7/AFi-II 7 (unless you have the pocket for a larger sensor version, then those are available as AFi-II 56/AFi-II 80/Credo AFi 60/Credo AFi 80). Keep in mind though, that your Leaf AFi would no longer mount on your Hassleblad 503CW camera.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Guillaumeperret

• Guillaume Perret photography
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 02:46:57 am »

Thank you very much for the answers. I really appreciate!

Iso is something important for me.
Wich back is the best: Emotion 75 lv or leaf AFi 7?

henrikfoto

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 12:49:48 pm »

I wonder if the Afi 2 has a focus-confirmation for mf-lenses?

Henrik

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 01:37:05 pm »

Henrik

All of the Rollei AF cameras from 6008AF to Hy6 and Hy6 mod2 all have focus confirmation.  Starting with the first model Hy6 the ability to fine tune the focus confirmation for individual lenses via the options menu in the grip called AF Offset was available.   
Rolleiflex USA

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 01:41:50 pm »

Thank you very much for the answers. I really appreciate!

Iso is something important for me.
Wich back is the best: Emotion 75 lv or leaf AFi 7?

Both are good, but may I recommend you look at the AFi-ii 7 as well?  The AFi-ii 7 has the articulating screen and also the rotating sensor which is truly a wonderful feature on square cameras like the Hy6 and V platforms.   

But if you wish to stay with one of the older backs, look carefully at the software and support available for each since this will make a difference too.

Rolleiflex USA

henrikfoto

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 02:06:10 pm »

Thank you!

Just got the sad news that the IQ 280 will not come in the Afi mount.

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 03:07:39 pm »

Henrik

Eric's answer moved too quickly past this: there is great confirmation for all the MF lenses, allowing all the good PQ lenses from as far back as 1990 to be used and be totally current. Many of us have a stable of these lenses, and the MF lenses are really easy to use with confidence.

As Eric pointed out, there is also the ability to apply individual offsets for each of the lenses, allowing you to "tune" each lens used. While not automatic, it is easily done.

The AFI II 7 is a fine back, and has the rotating option (how do folks live without this?) and a tilting rear screen, so you can shoot in odd ways and see your back screen. While the speed of the newer backs (Credo is available in AFI mount) is desirable, these are two features that are hard to give up.  
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:13:18 pm by Geoffreyg »
Geoff

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 04:17:03 pm »

Thank you!

Just got the sad news that the IQ 280 will not come in the Afi mount.

Not a big deal since, there is a both 80mp Credo and AFi-ii 12 backs available though. If you use the back of the screen a lot, then the Credo might be the best choice, but if you shoot tethered and change orientation then the AFi-ii 12 might be best.   For me, I'm sticking with the AFi-ii 12 until they offer the rotating feature on one of the backs with faster UI.   
Rolleiflex USA

henrikfoto

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 05:11:49 pm »

I am most worried because the new backs are made without support for the Afi.
I would like to change my Aptus-12 with phase adapter to Afi, but that is very expensive..

Now with the IQ280 I can get a good deal, but no Afi...

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »

As a former Sinar eMotion 75 owner, I'd recommend taking a look at the AFi-II 7 as Eric suggests.  The workflow with the Sinar was very cumbersome, with the camera outputting files which needed combining in post-processing to function.

At the time, the tools to do the combining would fail after a few dozen images had been processed.

As a current owner of the Leaf AFi-II 10, the ergonomics and workflow are leagues ahead.

And as Geoff points out, the manual focus confirmation on the Hy6 is exceptional.

Hope that helps,
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 09:16:13 pm »

I am most worried because the new backs are made without support for the Afi.
I would like to change my Aptus-12 with phase adapter to Afi, but that is very expensive..

Now with the IQ280 I can get a good deal, but no Afi...

well this is a glass half full or half empty: it depends on how you look at it.

Yes, only Leaf still makes backs for the AFI, but they make a current one, so that is pretty fine.

If you want a half empty glass, then Hassy and Phase don't, but then again, Hassy only makes for Hassy, and Phase never did before so nothing has changed.

If you want to be in the mainstream, then I'd guess a Hassy or a Phase would be better for you, but the capabilities of the Hy6 platform are IMHO superior, even with just the Leaf back as the digital option.
Geoff

Lacunapratum

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 09:47:34 pm »

I got eventually used to the Sinarbacks and I am now enjoying the workflow.  They kept on improving Sinar Captureshop and their service has been quite good.  I have three of their eMotion 75 LV by now and I just love the files they produce.  I guess I am also too lazy to learn a new system all over. 

JV

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 10:04:34 pm »

They kept on improving Sinar Captureshop and their service has been quite good. 

Does Sinar keep on supporting the eMotion backs? 

As far as I know they are not further developing the series anymore with the 75LV being the last one in the series.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 12:31:19 am »

I think you can still get any of the new Sinar backs in Hy6 Mount and one of them is really neat since its multi-shot.  The issue is that they are reportedly not compatible with the Mod2 version of the Hy6.  Whether this is a licensing issue (and it will work and they just cant say it will) or something more, I don't know.   

Leaf doesn't just make one back for the AFi and AFi mod2,  they actually make several ones you can buy new.  The AFi-ii 10, and AFi-ii 12, plus the different versions of the Credo.   This looks like good support to me.

Rolleiflex USA

Lacunapratum

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 08:49:40 pm »

Fortunately they are still supporting them.  Nice 33MB Dalsa sensor and great tones.  Easy to change platforms. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up