Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you wishing for in LR5 ?  (Read 140648 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Re: What are you wishing for in LR5 ?
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2013, 12:21:07 am »

IMPORTING FILES:

I wish on import from a device or memory card
(mainly the large cards that last for days and different shooting needs).......

we could select a group of images and RIGHT CLICK to decide where that group is going as a destination path/folder......AND set its own Keywords from the rest as they will go to other destination/keyword group.  This would help organize so much faster and help automate things.

For those that put all their eggs in one basket and think LR is the only application they will use for organizing..... and dictate every aspect of images via LightRooms organization tools (the destination maybe not so useful for those who select a 1 ended solution)....

The group keywords alone would be a major help

If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

SangRaal

« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2013, 02:18:19 pm »

Sigma XF3 raw processing --- SPP is awful(at least compared to LightRoom)

jrp

« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2013, 02:59:16 pm »

I would like to be able to hand off different raw file format to different applications; sometimes I prefer / need to use the specific features of the native raw converter for the format (Capture NX2, Sony Image Data Converter, ...).

Adam L

• http://adamlozo.com
« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2013, 03:13:03 pm »

I came up with another request when working with lightroom last night.   I find the sliders are very difficult to move when trying to do some very fine movement - even with the panel stretched out.

I know this is a long shot but if it's possible to put that functionality on the scroll wheel of the mouse or to create a refine button that allows for very small movements?
"That's a lot of money to move a few pix

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »

I came up with another request when working with lightroom last night.   I find the sliders are very difficult to move when trying to do some very fine movement - even with the panel stretched out.

I know this is a long shot but if it's possible to put that functionality on the scroll wheel of the mouse or to create a refine button that allows for very small movements?

You can use the up and down arrow keys. Click in the numeric box next to the slider first.

Jeremy

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2013, 05:23:37 pm »

Alternatively make the panels a more useful width. I find the needless restriction of the max width of LR panels very frustrating at times, particularly with big monitors we have at our disposal these days.
Because they are so narrow, I cannot read my folder names properly and tell where I am or where I need to go to at times.
Luckily Jeffrey Friedl has a tool to sort out that and many other useful LR tools too. His configuration manager allows one to make LR panels as wide as you require.  ;D
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Mark F

« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2013, 03:46:15 pm »

When I've masked an area, the ability to choose the inverse. Similar to the CS6 inverse command for a selection.

And I really do wish the import speed could be improved, as well as the speed when going to 100% or greater.

And while I'm at it, why not add some filters and improve the slide show module?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:19:32 pm by Mark F »
Mark

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »

Can these 14 pages!!!! be organized then tally up which are overlapping, and then voted on?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2013, 05:36:15 pm »

Sure, go ahead...

But just to let you all know, it's way too late in the LR5 dev cycle for a polled list of features now to have any impact on LR5 when it's released. LR5 either will or won't have some of the stuff discussed (and yes, "some" things will be in LR5 as well as some other things nobody has even mentioned) but anything here now that isn't already planned for LR5 will have to wait till the next time and the odds are some of what people have been asking for may change considerably for LR6.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:40:05 pm by Schewe »

schrodingerscat

« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2013, 05:42:49 pm »

Easier way to deal with the Library and Catalog when moving between multiple machines and drives.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #270 on: March 22, 2013, 08:10:06 pm »

Makes sense for all you said. Not that it was very giving. But it made sense :-)

maybe it is worth listing and seeing what we can cross out, and what can be kept to carry over.

I've never done a poll online.  Anyone want to work with me on this?   I have an hour or 2 to contribute and make it happen.

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2013, 09:12:40 pm »

it's way too late in the LR5 dev cycle for a polled list of features now to have any impact on LR5 when it's released. LR5 either will or won't have some of the stuff discussed (and yes, "some" things will be in LR5 as well as some other things nobody has even mentioned) but anything here now that isn't already planned for LR5 will have to wait till the next time and the odds are some of what people have been asking for may change considerably for LR6.

Now that LR is part of the Adobe “Creative Cloud” licensing scheme, can those of us who have subscribed expect to see incremental feature enhancements (i.e., between major releases) after LR5 ships?

If so, does Adobe have an established process for J. Random End-User to communicate enhancement requests?  Do the developers monitor the Lightroom forum at Adobe.Com, for example?

I suspect many of us would be interested in anything you or Eric Chan could tell us regarding either of these issues.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2013, 12:11:00 am »

I suspect many of us would be interested in anything you or Eric Chan could tell us regarding either of these issues.

Well, Eric is pretty busy these days (head down working on new stuff ya now). As for how LR will exist in the Creative Cloud ecosphere that's a bit tough to anticipate. One might presume that ACR 8.0 and LR5.0 will be upped a bit at the .1 release (I say this only because of past experience not any specific insight with the next releases).

Photoshop CSX.X will have a feature set (including ACR 8.x) which can grown for subscribers but won't grow for point product users between major version upgrades. How that will impact LR, I really don't know. We'll see...

John Caldwell

Map Module: Filter for Untagged Files
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2013, 12:27:57 pm »

When the folder or collection you are browsing in the Map Module filmstrip contains a fair number of images, the Untagged Filter is flakey and unruly. Since the display of untagged images in the filmstrip "flickers" as you scroll left and right, I'm finding it best to identify untagged images by creating a Smart Collection whose criteria is No GPS Coordinates.

Anyhow, the Map module seems pretty mature to me for being its 1st version, and I hope that this filter for untagged gets some attention.

John Caldwell

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2013, 10:16:52 pm »

Internally we have a (rather long) list of feature requests and ideas, most of them gathered from you -- photographers!  So it's helpful for me to read this thread and understand what the requests and pain points are.  I take particular note of things that I may be able to tackle myself.  But in any given development cycle, there are many more requests than we can implement, so we have to choose carefully. 
Eric Chan

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2013, 12:39:49 pm »

My biggest request is to have LR be responsive.
It's the backbone of my image workflow as I love the programme. But sadly since LR3, I've been one of those who has had speeds ranging from dreadful to appalling, with occasional patches of being OK. Sometimes I can wait 20 secs to see what a slider does. Previews take so long to render I can't even tell if an image is sharp for what seems like eternity.
Recently put LR Cat and previews on an SSD to see that helped and unfortunately nada.  :(
If demoing LR, I can't develop live as LR can be so embarrassingly slow to use at times and so I mainly rely on pre-cooked images.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

John Cothron

• Cothron Photography
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2013, 11:47:23 pm »

I'm trying to start a list, but some off the top of my head:

1.  Ability to export keywords in something other than alphabetical order.  There are many reasons this would be beneficial, but the specific one that comes to mind is Alamy.
2.  Ability to see development history in a right-click context menu...or some other means than having to go to the develop module to see it.  It's not the develop settings persay, but that is also where export history, print history, etc. is kept.
3.  The only place I sometimes see a "slow-down" is when using the spot healing tool.  That seems to affect performance far more than anything else in the workflow (for me).  I don't know how you make it "faster", but that would be a good area to look for improvement.  I have seen others mention peformance issues in this same area.
4.  User created fields.  Again this would be useful for many reasons, but having another "memo" type field that performs like the caption would be wonderful.  Also, being able to create film photography related fields. 
John
Flickr

Robert55

« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2013, 05:37:11 am »

The crop tool is also rather slow to start, especially if you want to use Angle [I wish I could go to that directly.

A small thing: in "Edit in" in LR 'HDR pro' is lower in the menu than 'merge to pano', in Bridge /tools and PS  [CS5 at least] it is just the other way around.

Backing-up the catalogue has a stage near the end where it takes an inordinate amount of resources, bringing other programmes almost to a stand still. Also LR remains the active window, which has no point.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2013, 06:42:31 am »

1.  Ability to export keywords in something other than alphabetical order.  There are many reasons this would be beneficial, but the specific one that comes to mind is Alamy.
It would be interesting if you could come up with those other reasons, if there are any. To my knowledge, Alamy is the only one that people ever mention.

4.  User created fields.  Again this would be useful for many reasons, but having another "memo" type field that performs like the caption would be wonderful.  Also, being able to create film photography related fields. 
Couldn't agree more. Look up my Big Note plug-in which you can expand if you're (slightly) technically-minded. But this shouldn't be left to plug-ins - no other serious photo cataloguing program lacks custom fields.

John

David Hufford

« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2013, 08:12:44 am »

I'll try one. It's a minor irritant, but I'd like a way to select a photo for the top of a stack and keep it there until I decide another should replace it. Right now, if I make a virtual copy or send a tiff to another application, it moves that to the top of the stack. Drives me nuts which I suppose explains a lot.
*Never fall in love with anything that c
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up