Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you wishing for in LR5 ?  (Read 140236 times)

Stephane Desnault

Re: What are you wishing for in LR5 ?
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 01:38:32 pm »

Ability to draw 2 or 4 lines to be horizontal/vertical would help greatly. 

+1 - this is available in DXO and really a big time saver

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 01:41:50 pm »

1) The basic cloning tool from PS.
2) Layers with layer masks.

Oh, you'll be waiting on that for years <g>. That's why we have Photoshop (a pixel editor).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »

Hi,

my wishes are

• creation of the 32bit file from several files within Lr
  • creation panoramics from several files within Lr
  • different radiius / detail amonts as in the details-panel for sharpening when using the brush
  • different settings for noidereduction as in the details panel when using the brush
  • healing brush differnet than round contour

Best wishes

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Anthony.Ralph

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 07:26:38 pm »

Give Lightroom a try -- you'll find that there's no image adjustment that just happens without your opting in first. What Stephane is describing would look like any other "automatic" adjustment in LR -- you'd check a box and then it would happen.

I am a regular user of Lightroom - so I have rather more than 'given it a try'. I was questioning the thought that users would like automated horizon straightening to take place - there appeared to be no suggestion about checking boxes by the way And once you start clicking boxes, would it not be just as easy to straighten horizons as we do now?

Anthony.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 07:56:35 pm »

Adobe aren't going to give you any of the "advanced" features of PS because there would be less need to buy PS
People have been saying this since LR1, while Lightroom's feature set has been steadily increasing and intruding further into PS territory. I see the real constraint as more around what can be done parametrically without excessive processing overheads.
Ken Cameron

Glenn NK

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 08:43:15 pm »

I'd like:

1)  More control over the gradient tool.  Let's say (for argument) that one could define the number of lines on the image; then by moving the lines closer/farther apart and/or and various angles, the location and amount of the gradient could be adjusted more accurately.

2)  More control over the adjustment brush:  Luminosity and vibrance come to mind immediately, but they don't exist.  The HSL sliders would be very useful with the brush.

I realize that LR is a work in progress, but it's really a great piece of software, and I think it's going to keep improving.

Glenn
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 01:53:07 am »

Rand47, I would like to see this also...AND a simply

1. "Duplicate selected gradient" button.
2. When changing an existing watermark, or other settings on Export, have the Update button next to the Save. This way you can do it in one click rather than scroll down to it in the drop down.
3. I like Ron's idea to change Copy files name out of Dev mode. I would go further, and would like docking panels into defined "trays" to be an option(I know, not so popular). This would be undetected unless you specify in preferences to enable "Trays". Drag and drop panles into the tray.
4. Option to launch LR from other DAM apps, browsers or programs to Develop in "temporary" catalogs. This for those that use other cataloging software.
5. I use a 30" screen and I'm not sure how the sliders look on your screens, but they sure are hard to pinpoint and click. All else is fine on my desktop, but in LR (even in CS5) the sliders are hard to work accurately with.

Brush shapes, and stamp/clone would also be great. Masking the Grad would be super. Basically QuickMask.  Yes on renaming shortcuts. How many times am I gonna fumble R/C, M/G
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:57:28 am by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

manfred1

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 02:42:29 am »

I would like:
- better PERFORMANCE in develop AND loupe mode, faster loading time, especially when using 2 monitors and 30 inch displays
- less waiting time when using 10+ adjustment brushs, sharpening, noise reduction, grain, and lens correction
- merge files to 32bit with better color rendition than PS HDR Pro & improved 32bit HDR processing in LR
- better masking techniques (auto mask does not work well)
- better/easier manual lens corrections
- profiles for Canon TS-E lenses (entering shift/tilt values (mm/degrees) manually)
- scripting / actions / SDK
- more metadata fields for adding comments (about the development, the image, etc)
- better UI (especially for the second monitor)
- a navigator for the second monitor, consistent handling of multiple selected files on first & second monitor
- better manual keywording techniques, ability to ignore keywords on import
- allow consistent and generic file handling (no separation between folders and collections, allow linux style links in/ACROSS folders and collections, additional real not virtual copying of images/virtual copies/links, etc)
- enhanced information overlay (more lines, more fields, additional positions of overlay, consistent over most modules, etc)
- good archiving features in LR (allow freezing/read-only mode of files, folders, etc), maybe a separation of ongoing and archived stuff

Manfred
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:06:48 am by manfred1 »

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »

I've found the web gallery functionality quite useful for quickly providing rudimentary HTTP access to a collection of photographs.  However, the module would function more efficiently if it were possible to update a few images (N < all) and have LR generate only the modified HTML and images instead of re-rendering every photograph.  This assumes, of course, that none of the global gallery parameters had changed.

This, by the way, is an example of how a relatively minor design change could produce a dramatic improvement in apparent performance from the end-user's perspective.  (I've long been a proponent of the software design maxim that it's usually better in the long run to change the algorithm than tune the code.)

Ronald NZ Tan

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »

If not already mentioned, LR5 should take advantage of OpenCL processing. I am mainly a CaptureONE PRO 7 user and when version 7 introduced OpenCL to processing, my PSDs from Canon 7D gets into PS CS6 FAST! Even when my 7D RAW contain significant, initial edits and adjustments, tapping into OpenCL significantly improves export speed.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 05:39:37 pm »

I would like an incremental expansion of the functionality of the selection brush - eg so that it covered the HSL/Color/B&W panel.
Ken Cameron

Peter McLennan

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 12:35:30 am »

Oh, you'll be waiting on that for years <g>. That's why we have Photoshop (a pixel editor).

Heh.  Just thought I'd give it a shot.  :)

How about more flexibility in the Book Module?  Like larger books ?

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 07:15:32 am »

How about more flexibility in the Book Module?  Like larger books ?
Oh, I thought this was a given! Yes, larger books, and mostly more customizable page templates - being able to make the picture or text containers larger (and not only smaller) would be very practical.
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

kim

• http://www.digitalphotoguide.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 10:46:39 am »

Simple way of inverting an image (as in making a photo of a b/w negative into a positive image)

Glenn NK

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 12:18:10 pm »

I would like an incremental expansion of the functionality of the selection brush - eg so that it covered the HSL/Color/B&W panel.

Yes, that's my wish too (and also Vibrance).

But I suspect that they're working on it already.

Glenn
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

walter.sk

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 12:38:03 pm »

A little one : during import, making the backup copy of the raw files mirror the directory structure of the originals referenced in the catalog, instead of the "Imported on April 34th" heap. That could make the data reconstruction less painful.
Definitely!  I have backup drives that are duplicates of my data drives, and after an import I have to sync them.  It would be easier and more secure to have dupes of my raw files go to the backup drives as suggested above.

walter.sk

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 12:40:59 pm »

Fix performance issues.  After that:
6.  Add a detail enhancement tool with separate controls for shadows, midtones and highlights similar to color efex pro tonal contrast filter.
+1. Also similar to Topaz Denoise, which has more control than ACR/LR Detail denoising.

walter.sk

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 12:42:58 pm »

Better perspective, distortion correction tools:
Ability to shift the crop area outside the "original" frame when using large corrections, rather than having to scale down the image to fit into the frame.
+1

hokuahi

• Artist, Photographer
    • Exhibition
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 03:18:22 pm »

A small request, but being able to have an image in multiple collections would be nice.

Tony Jay

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 04:24:07 pm »

A small request, but being able to have an image in multiple collections would be nice.

This is probably a misuse of terminology but images can already be in multiple collections.

Tony Jay
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up