Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you wishing for in LR5 ?  (Read 140653 times)

Fips

• some unrelated photos on flickr
Re: What are you wishing for in LR5 ?
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2013, 04:32:22 am »

Certainly not! I entirely blame the Brits and the 'Mericans for using medieval units in large quantities which make conversion and memorizing formats a real pain in the behind  ;)

Glenn NK

« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2013, 01:06:37 pm »

Certainly not! I entirely blame the Brits and the 'Mericans for using medieval units in large quantities which make conversion and memorizing formats a real pain in the behind  ;)

I don't think it's the Brits:

http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/metric-map-which-countries-dont-belong-with-the-others/
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

Glenn NK

« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2013, 01:16:19 pm »

If one wanted to find the "true" horizon from an image that does not offer enough information to find the true horizon, then it is obviously impossible to correct the horizon for either a computer program or a person. It is an unsolvable problem.

An example:

http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=227701

Scroll the image so the image's "horizon" is at the top of the screen (the screen being level and thus an artificial and accurate horizon).

Glenn
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

KeithR

« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »

Don't know if it's been previously mentioned, but I hope it doesn't become cloud based.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

David Eichler

• San Francisco Architectural and Interior Photographer
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2013, 02:19:10 am »

HSL control in the adjustment brush and gradient tools.

Stephane Desnault

« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2013, 06:58:22 am »

HSL control in the adjustment brush and gradient tools.

+1 on that!

rdonson

« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2013, 09:50:10 am »

I think I've almost caught up with all the responses but may not remember all of them.

Count me as one who wanted additional image editing features.  Requests of this nature have typically received two major kinds of responses:

1) you can't do that with parametric editing
2) that's what Photoshop is for

I have PS CS6 (and I will likely forever fight Adobe's desire for me to rent it vs. license it just to even out their revenue stream) and its a great program that can do amazing things.  My desire is to reduce how much time I spend in PS.

So... I've purchased the Nik Software plugins and they've mostly worked to great advantage for me.  I can perform a lot of image editing quickly and easily without resorting to PS and tons of layers. That's the kind of image editing I would have expected Lightroom to evolve to.

My request then is to not screw up the plugin interface so I can continue to use the Nik Software plugins.
Regards,
Ron

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2013, 11:08:09 pm »

Can we please have a PS-style "Refine Mask" ability in LR5?

And can we please remove images from the timeline without a dialogue where "Erase from Disk" and "Remove from Project" buttons are right next to each other?  Cheez!

And can we please have everything offered by both Lightroom and Photoshop and all my favorite plugins and programs in one, single program?

Pete_G

« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2013, 09:40:44 am »

And can we please have everything offered by both Lightroom and Photoshop and all my favorite plugins and programs in one, single program?

Adobe Lightshop Pro Plus GTI....whoa..

francois

« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2013, 09:47:06 am »

Adobe Lightshop Pro Plus GTI....whoa..

You forgot Turbo, Ultimate and Extreme!
Francois

Peter McLennan

« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2013, 01:29:12 pm »

[quote author=bill t. link=topic=73458.msg591354#msg591354 date=1358395689
And can we please remove images from the timeline without a dialogue where "Erase from Disk" and "Remove from Project" buttons are right next to each other?  Cheez!
[/quote]

No kidding.  Same goes for "Save" right next to "Save As"  :(

walter.sk

« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2013, 02:45:32 pm »

Well, I just re-read all of the posts and didn't come across what I'm going to ask for (even in a minor upgrade to LR4.3, without waiting for LR5).

I often have to use the White Balance sampler (eyedropper type tool) and like to "click around" in various parts of the image for the most pleasing WB change.  Am I the only one who finds it to be a real pain in the butt to have to go back and re-click on the WB sampler after each click on the image?

How hard would it be to retain the use of the sampler until the user returns it by clicking on its resting place in the panel, same as closing the adjustment brush or other tools for local adjustment?

leuallen

« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2013, 03:54:58 pm »

What I want is really simple. A redesign of the preview buttons - the two little vertical boxes you click to turn on/off the adjustments for the module you are in. They are so small that it takes an expert mouse sniper to hit them. Plus you cannot toggle quickly as the slightest mouse movement puts you off target. I often check my before/after adjustments and this SO frustrating.

Larry

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2013, 05:57:21 pm »

How hard would it be to retain the use of the sampler until the user returns it by clicking on its resting place in the panel, same as closing the adjustment brush or other tools for local adjustment?

Uh, that's already in LR4 when the WB tool is selected....down in the main tool bar you have the option to turn auto dismiss on/off as well as show or hide the loupe and change the sample size.

Always useful to make sure a feature is NOT there before asking for it :~)

hugowolf

« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2013, 12:21:50 am »

I may have already mentioned this (it has been a long thread), but LR’s module approach doesn’t bother me as much as the mutual exclusivity of the modules. The inability to see the development history in anything other than the Development Module, especially since print history is in there; not being able to crop or soft proof in the Print Module; and does anyone use the basic development tools in the Library Module (as sure sign of a need to merge the two modules, IMHO).

I would love to see per image saving of print settings, rather than the clumsy way it is done now. QImage has an awful UI, but its print settings archiving is much better than LR’s. I would really like to give up having to use a separate program just for printing.

I would be interested to know if anyone does use the development tools in the Library Module.

Brian A

walter.sk

« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »

Uh, that's already in LR4 when the WB tool is selected....down in the main tool bar you have the option to turn auto dismiss on/off as well as show or hide the loupe and change the sample size. Always useful to make sure a feature is NOT there before asking for it :~)
Yer right.  But there was no reference to it in The Digital Darkroom, and this morning I looked (for the 50th time) at the tutorial for LR4 and found the main toolbar mentioned.  I guess I had never even seen it in the Development module.   But thanks for the info, anyway.

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »

Always useful to make sure a feature is NOT there before asking for it :~)
The flip side of that is that LR shouldn't hide it's functionality so well that many people can't find what's already there.

The 'toolbar' is a curious feature that doesn't always behave in what might be the expected way.
It would be better to keep tool options within the relevant panel.

stamper

« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2013, 04:04:41 am »

The flip side of that is that LR shouldn't hide it's functionality so well that many people can't find what's already there.

Not everything can be in full view. It it was then I am sure there would be complaints about a cluttered UI. Walter tripped himself up and it is no big deal. Anyone who has posted here for a while will know that any "mistake" made in posting will be pounced up on. Cross your fingers before posting and hope you have it right? ;D

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2013, 04:33:58 am »

Not everything can be in full view. It it was then I am sure there would be complaints about a cluttered UI.
Missed point. Everything doesn't have to be in view all the time, it obviously can't be, but it should be easily discoverable.
Most tools have all their controls in their respective panels, the only exceptions seem to be the white balance dropper and the adjustment brush overlays. It would be more logical and intuitive to keep all tool controls in their respective panels.
Features like the toolbar should be consistent in their behaviour.

rasterdogs

« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2013, 10:33:12 am »

Have fond hopes that demosaicing for Fuji X-trans files will be improved.

I'm getting ok results but these don't rival what I get from my Canon files.

-rasterdogs
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Up