Make history easier to use and more intuitive. Part of my motivation is that I use virtual copies extensively particularly when I want to branch off from a series of edits that I am satisfied with. Specifically:
- Date stamp each entry (not just prints and exports) in the history
- Allow the user to clean-up history by selectively clearing entries to reduce history bloat. For example once I am satisfied
with changes made with an adjustment brush - which can lead to a phenomenal number of small changes- I would like to remove (or at least collpase) all related entries from the history. Also I am perhaps not necessarily interested in recording prints or exports in my history.
- Provide the equivalent of CRTL-Z that works exclusively in the develop module starting with the last entry. Right now if you make a change and then move between modules or visualize different entries in your history it may require a lot of CRTL-Z's before you get back to the last entry in the develop module.
- Order snapshots chronologically (like history entries)
- Indicate in the history of the parent image (not just the virtual copy) that a virtual image has been created and when.
- When applying a snapshot, apply it only to the selected image and not all the virtual copies
- Make all above optional for people that don't want to use it
- Allow manual advance using mouse instead of/in addition to keyboard
- Show color labels and flags in addition to ratings
- Allow user to change ratings, labels and flags directly from slide show
NB: The slide show in Zoom Browser from Canon support all of the above.
-Show the full file path in the filmstrip module. Allow navigation by selecting any element in the path name (like Windows 7)
-Put all of the above in the next release of LR4