Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1Profiler with i1 photo v1  (Read 1320 times)

Frazer

i1Profiler with i1 photo v1
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:21:30 am »

I have the older version of i1 photo which has served me pretty well for a long time. I am considering either a. purchase a new i1 photo pro2 @ $1500 or b. keeping my hardware and upgrading software to the i1profiler @ $500. I am pleased with the profiles except in the case of canvas which seems to be problematic. Any opinions out there?

del_pscc

Re: i1Profiler with i1 photo v1
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 12:48:22 am »

i1Profiler is far more capable that the older software, although there are still a number of mysteries to be unscrambled.  i1 PhotoPro 2 is also a far more sophisticated instrument.  I guess the choice depends on what you want or need to do.

Dave.

Frazer

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 03:54:07 am »

I should have mentioned in the first post that my intention is to squeeze the very best quality I can out of my professional photographic prints. I sell portrait and stock scenic images. I print mostly on Breathing Color canvas and their Vibrance Rag fine art glossy paper or the Hahnamule equivalent. I print with an Epson 9900 & 4900.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:11:36 am »

Hi Frazer!  I too use an old i1Photo but with the latest i1Profiler software.

Even with that combo I have trouble reading canvas, especially glossy canvas.  But I recently found that thinly coated canvas targets are much easier to read, to the point of almost never having to rescan a row.

i1Profiler certainly seems capable, although I never used the previous version.  I think I have heard that the "refine" function is not available in the older version.  FWIW refinement notably improved several colors in my profiles, and in particular corrected the general tendency of yellow to go slightly orangish that I have seen in a lot of canvas profiles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up