Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR issue with looking up new content: Files just don't want to Sync up  (Read 1057 times)

Phil Indeblanc

So listening to some good folks and their suggestions here, I decided to try consolidating catalogs. For the most part I have narrowed it down to Clients ofX, Clients of Y, Z and Home_Family. I haven't finished doing this, but I started.

I noticed something thats always been a bit of issue, but I had managed to get it to work in some way or another. But if I'm gonna spend so much more time in LR, This is an issue.

If I work on a set of files in Photoshop (even when launched via LR), I make derivatives of that file in a new folder created, with jpgs, and PSD files made....

LR Doesn't see these folders and files. Well, Although I wish it would do this automatically, But I'm talking about even when "Synchronize Folder" is selected by right clicking the parent folder...It just sits there.  While I ignore the dumbfound fact that it doesn't see PSB files...I can't even understand why it hangs on this...Anyone?

UPDATE:

So if I expand more folders it "kicks" it to look further in that structure, and it eventually sees it.  Is there a way to automate it to look for changes, at least when files are launched via LR?  As I have to do the Sync when make other files from the one file. It does update the initial file.

Shouldn't it do this when you make a new flder and files from an EXPORT function?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:48:31 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR issue with looking up new content: Files just don't want to Sync up
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:50:42 am »

If you export, there's a check box "import into catalog". If you don't check it, it assumes these are files that you're sending elsewhere or don't want to keep. Alternatively, choose Edit With.

There is a way to set up an auto import folder, but in the early days of LR it was more for tethering. I don't find it too useful, and generally the concept is that LR is a catalogue that displays images that the user has deliberately registered in it - it's not a browser.

I'm not sure LR supports PSB formats. You got lots of these? That couldn't have been TIFs?

Phil Indeblanc

Re: LR issue with looking up new content: Files just don't want to Sync up
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 04:05:52 pm »

YES! there it is....Thanks for that Add to this catalog box, I missed this, as I just started to use and pay attention to LR as my catalog app. Since v3, I was ignoring the catalog feature the best I could :-)

I notice I still have to "force" folders to show up by expanding a folder above what should be showing up.

I'll explore the auto import this week.

I always sense a good chunk of weight of info when I see your posts! Thanks!
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up