Trying to make a custom profile using the printer spectrometer but having some difficulties. Does anyone know the right paper preset to use?
Here's what I have run into so far:
1. Canson has the OMS file for the Z3200, but not the Z3100. The OMS file normally downloads to the printer and contains the right paper presets. I tried to use the Z3200 OMS file, but this gives the dreaded 79:04 error and hangs the printer.
2. Canson does provide an ICC profile for the Z3100. This is a typical canned profile. I tried it, and felt the reds were a little pink/magenta than I would like
3. The instructions for the ICC for paper preset calls for using the Fine Art Pearl (More Ink) setting. When I tried this setting as a custom paper preset for a custom profile, the scanner reported an error.
4. I tried setting Photo Paper Glossy (Thick) and was able to generate a custom profile, but again, reds were not as good as I hoped and there were some roller marks on the paper.
5. Also, using the custom profile generated above, when I select "greyscale" printing, I get the 79:04 error as well.
Spoke to Canson and they were not able to help. Has anyone built a custom profile for this paper on a Z3100? Any help is much appreciated.