Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica M9 / M7 with the 135mm f/2.8 (With Googles)  (Read 2123 times)

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
Leica M9 / M7 with the 135mm f/2.8 (With Googles)
« on: December 15, 2012, 07:31:18 pm »

I have a couple of questions, first and primarily can the googles work with the Leica M9....
Second, can you use the lens without the googles, i.e the small focusing patch / frame lines for 135mm lenses....I assume this is not ideal but I am just curious...
Third, are there any difference between any versions that I need two watch out for?
Fourth, anyone have any samples taken using this lens?
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

JeanMichel

Re: Leica M9 / M7 with the 135mm f/2.8 (With Googles)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »

Hi,

I have and use an Elmarit 135 (f/2.8; made in Canada) with an M9. That lens only comes with 'goggles'. The goggles viewfinder masks the finder and shows the 90 mm frame. Really, it works best on an M3 (I used it on my M3, M4 and M6 before getting the M9). The obvious issue is getting the focus right, but it can be done with care even wide open at close distances. I read somewhere that the goggles can be removed for use with a Visoflex, the 'how-to- does not look obvious to me. I purchased this lens used many years ago and I am happy with it, but I do regret having sold a Tele ElmarF/4 (not the Tele Elmar M), it was much lighter and useable, but of course you frame with the tine 135 frame in the finder. The Elmarti is one of the least expensive lenses to buy used, but i would weigh its weight against the one-stop difference between it and the other 135 available.
Jean-Michel

erick.boileau

• http://
Re: Leica M9 / M7 with the 135mm f/2.8 (With Googles)
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:00:57 am »

I have stopped using the 135 apo-telyt with my M9 , now I use it with the Sony Nex-6 and it works very well, I have never liked it on the M9 even with the  x1.4
Pages: [1]   Go Up