Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i1 Display Pro using i1Profiler turns my NEC PA271w magenta!  (Read 1957 times)

tsjanik

i1 Display Pro using i1Profiler turns my NEC PA271w magenta!
« on: December 15, 2012, 04:44:17 pm »

I have an i1Display pro and have used it with the iProfiler software  on several monitors with no problems .  Recently I purchased a NEC PA271w.  I am using dual monitors (Samsung 243T with the NEC). When I start the calibration, the NEC moniter changes to a very magenta cast whether I am calibrating the NEC or Samsung; the Samsung retains its normal color.  I have been able to restore the correct color in the NEC only through Windows system restore.  I am using a Dell XPS 435 desktop, W7 64 bit, Radeon 4xxx.  Any advice?  Thanks.

Tom
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:47:55 pm by tsjanik »

Doug Fisher

Re: i1 Display Pro using i1Profiler turns my NEC PA271w magenta!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 01:18:00 pm »

You need to set your PA271w as your primary monitor and then calibrate that.  Your setup can only handle the calibration profile for one monitor.  Might as well make it for the 271 since it is the better monitor.  Then manually try to make the Samsung correctly adjusted by using the OSD controls but you do not want to let the software actually profile it (e.g create the profile and set it as the default).  I did this with the i1match software where I went through all of the steps except for the last one that created the profile but I do not know if the newer Profiler software allows you to do this.

You ought to invest the $89 in the Spectraview II software from NEC.  You have spent a lot on you monitor so you might as well spend a bit more to get the software that will allow you to get the most out of it.

Doug

tsjanik

Re: i1 Display Pro using i1Profiler turns my NEC PA271w magenta!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 07:53:47 pm »

Thanks for the reply Doug; I will just get the NEC software.  The i1 allowed me to profile both monitors of my previous setup, so there is something different with the NEC
Pages: [1]   Go Up