Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 4.3  (Read 1957 times)

stamper

LR 4.3
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:39:27 am »

Anyone downloaded it and tried it. The final version has been released today.

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2012/12/adobe-announces-acr-7-3-and-lightroom-4-3.html

I downloaded and installed it. So far so good - I didn't explore all of the program - except for choosing the external editor. The program quite rightly chooses Photoshop CS5 as the editor but refuses to open in CS5 stating that an external editor isn't selected. I checked preferences and it is set as default. When I choose the second option in preferences I can "force" it to open in CS5. This however means that the second option can't open an other program. Posted in the Adobe site,so far not a definitive answer.

francois

Re: LR 4.3
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 07:16:42 am »

Downloaded both Lightroom and ACR. No problem!
Francois

stamper

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:01:42 am »

The link from LR to PS is now working. Some changes to windows permissions might have done the trick?

francois

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 11:09:08 am »

The link from LR to PS is now working. Some changes to windows permissions might have done the trick?

I'm running LR on a Mac. I'm sorry, I cannot really help you on this.
Francois

walter.sk

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:32:17 pm »

...The program quite rightly chooses Photoshop CS5 as the editor but refuses to open in CS5 stating that an external editor isn't selected. I checked preferences and it is set as default. When I choose the second option in preferences I can "force" it to open in CS5. This however means that the second option can't open an other program. Posted in the Adobe site,so far not a definitive answer.
You can set up any number of editors, or, for that matter, a program such as Qimage, as a second option and then save it.  I right-click on an image, select Edit In, and get a list of all the programs I might choose to have the image open in.  The return to LR is automatic, and the image gets automatically imported back into LR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up