Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: download helper for video zip files  (Read 11610 times)

orchidblooms

download helper for video zip files
« on: December 10, 2012, 07:35:13 pm »

i found a firefox browser addon that really helps in the download process of the video series that have many parts

one click and after you install this firefox addon and  all links, of your purchased video zip archives will load to your local directory

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/developers

you can fire and forget - head our for a few beers / dinner - or get up in the morning and everything will be loaded to your computer / laptop

i know for instance the capture to print series has many many downloads - with this you right click over the first link and then all will follow negating the need to supervise the download process in person
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:40:35 pm by orchidblooms »

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Re: download helper for video zip files
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:35:18 pm »

You must be one of 'those' still on an old, slow connection ;)

orchidblooms

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:02:55 am »

i have a fast dsl line - but had a hard time loading the capture to print series and all of the archived folders...

this ff addon would have helped...

there are over 38 downloads from what i could see...  downloads for capture to print and you can only load six at a time -- i tried on 3 attempts to get them all - and failed - finally gave up...

with this downloadhelper i could have clicked on the first link and they would have autoloaded to my PC...

after x-mas when i have time i will have another go at it...

P.

degrub

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 11:36:33 am »

were you downloading several at once ?  From what i understand that has caused issues in the past.

orchidblooms

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 01:27:44 pm »

were you downloading several at once ?  From what i understand that has caused issues in the past.

yes

there were i gues as many as 40 files to download for capture to print

the interface for the downloads allows for 6 at a time - i was indeed loading them 6x6...

for me it unfortunatley, was an unmitigated disaster - others i am sure may have much different results - i think my pitfall was i did not pay close enough attention to what was going on with each individual download...

the ff addon would manage the download and make it seamless

i tried it on another location with many links to download files... and it works

in the morning all files were nicely awaiting in my downloads dir....  from only one actuation...

i highly recommend using this addon

phil

mguertin

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 12:51:53 pm »

That was a long time ago, before we moved to hosting the downloads on S3.  There are no issues that I know of with multiple downloads now, download away.

Also just a note for the previous post that mentions the limit of 6 downloads at once, that's a limit that your browser enforces -- 4-6 downloads from the same server depending on the browser you use, not the S3 servers.  The S3 servers don't impose any download limits at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up