Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mamiya Sekor C 80mm f1.9  (Read 8130 times)

Analog6

mamiya Sekor C 80mm f1.9
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:57 pm »

Someone said to me what a great lens this was and assured me it would fit the 645DF - I'd only just taken delivery of the camera and it was all new to me and f1,9 souned great.  of course it doesn't fit it.  I paid $AUD400 and the postage from the US!

Make me an offer - you pay postage please.  My email is analog6@onthente.com.au.  Put LENS in title line please.

My stupidity will be somebody's gain!

GreenMatterX14

Re: mamiya Sekor C 80mm f1.9
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 11:27:34 am »

Is it a hardware fit issue or is it a software/functionality issue? 

We have a 645 DF and that same lens (except it is the "N" version) and it works fine?   

philipchan

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:21:59 pm »

Same here hardware wise its fits the DF with not problem. And a very good lens as well.
Philip

Analog6

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:54:46 pm »

The 80 lens has a completely different mount, smaller, no gold contacts and a pin that goes into the camera mount.  Any light anyone can shed most welcome.  All my research indicated it should fit.  It is the one on the left, one of my other lenses that fits on the right.

RawheaD

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 05:51:18 pm »

The one on the left looks exactly like my Mamiya 80/1.9. I say it's legit.  The question is, what the heck is the thing on the *right*??

Aryan Aqajani

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 07:53:56 pm »

No problem with Mamiya 80mm f/1.9 and 645 AFD or DF series! Can be mounted on those bodies with no problem! Obviously, focal plane shutter, not leaf shutter!
Aryan Aqajani - Photographer in Melbourne, Australia
Website | Blog | Facebook

Analog6

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 09:12:17 pm »

The one on the left looks exactly like my Mamiya 80/1.9. I say it's legit.  The question is, what the heck is the thing on the *right*??

That's my Mamiya 645 Af 35mm 1:3.5 - the one that fits it perfectly.  I never said the 1.9 isn't legit, it's just obviously not for my camera!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:15:55 pm by Analog6 »

Analog6

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »

No problem with Mamiya 80mm f/1.9 and 645 AFD or DF series! Can be mounted on those bodies with no problem! Obviously, focal plane shutter, not leaf shutter!

Well I can't mount it on my 645DF Aryan.  I purchased it on here from Wesley - see this thread http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=66429.0.  Do I need an adapter?

Analog6

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 12:19:28 am »

Is it a hardware fit issue or is it a software/functionality issue? 

We have a 645 DF and that same lens (except it is the "N" version) and it works fine?   

Ah hah!  I must need the N version.  Stupid me.  Well, does anyone want to buy it?

RawheaD

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 01:23:26 am »

Ah OK, my bad; It's just that the 35mm bayonette looked so much bigger… I just realized that due to the size difference, the rear of the 35mm is closer to the camera, and hence looks bigger due to perspective.

Anyway, "N" should not have anything to do with it.  All Mamiya 645 lenses share the same 63.3 mm bayonette mount. 

If it won't fit (does it fit but not turn? Not turn fully? Won't even fit?), then perhaps there's a physical defect with the 80/1.9, such as a bent flange, protruding screw, etc.  Try to identify what is causing the snag.

Analog6

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 11:12:24 am »

Ah OK, my bad; It's just that the 35mm bayonette looked so much bigger… I just realized that due to the size difference, the rear of the 35mm is closer to the camera, and hence looks bigger due to perspective.

Anyway, "N" should not have anything to do with it.  All Mamiya 645 lenses share the same 63.3 mm bayonette mount. 

If it won't fit (does it fit but not turn? Not turn fully? Won't even fit?), then perhaps there's a physical defect with the 80/1.9, such as a bent flange, protruding screw, etc.  Try to identify what is causing the snag.

It is too small for the lens socket in the front of the camera by about 1cm across the diameter.  I feel as though I am going insane.  I can't have a 645DF that's different to everyone else's.  The other lenses I bought fit fine.  WTF is going on!

GreenMatterX14

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 12:49:56 pm »

That is a great lens, in fact it is my favorite.  It is worth your effort to get to the bottom of this.

Are all the other lenses you use on this camera the newer sort, with autofocus and electronic aperature control?  Realize that this lens was for the first generations of 645 and had none of that stuff.

Analog6

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 03:32:24 pm »

That is a great lens, in fact it is my favorite.  It is worth your effort to get to the bottom of this.

Are all the other lenses you use on this camera the newer sort, with autofocus and electronic aperature control?  Realize that this lens was for the first generations of 645 and had none of that stuff.

Yes, and that was what I didn't realise.  I told the seller what camera I had, asked on forums (not here unfortunately!) and was assured I could use this on the digital onlly 645DF.  What is a fair price to ask for it?  I am going to lose money I think.  Not worth sending it back to the seller as it was an international purchase.
Pages: [1]   Go Up