Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White field  (Read 1590 times)

-Tom-

• 1:1-8 / 19-84
    • Tomislav Mavrovic
White field
« on: December 08, 2012, 12:32:53 pm »

The b&w again :D

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: White field
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:09:36 pm »

Hi Tom,

I very much like the graphical nature of this shot, it shows a lot of thought and the use of symmetrical composition, but... all that negative space on top seems to suck my focal attention into it and keeps it there, which feels odd, not entirely uncomfortable just odd to be looking into so much blankness.

Perhaps if the negative space was a third and the vines if that is what they are, constituted two thirds, then that would have been more satisfying somehow.

Alternatively, this is the type of graphical format and composition that really lends its self to moving the viewer towards a dominant focal point - please excuse me messing with your image, but just for reasons of an easier way of explaining what I mean, something like this for instance.

Dave
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:12:42 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Re: White field
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:50 pm »

I very much like the graphical nature of this shot, it shows a lot of thought and the use of symmetrical composition, but... all that negative space on top seems to suck my focal attention into it and keeps it there, which feels odd, not entirely uncomfortable just odd to be looking into so much blankness.

Thats the very point.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up