Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Cold Press Natural vs Hanhemuhle Museum Etching  (Read 18045 times)

John Caldwell

Re: Epson Cold Press Natural vs Hanhemuhle Museum Etching
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 01:02:37 pm »

I'd love to print on the textured stock, esp Hahnemuhle German Etching, if it would hold the ink and I don't have to spray every print I produce.

Having had quite a number of William Turner prints suffer considerable flaking (HP Z3200 inks), I'll never again fail to spray a print on textured matte paper unless it's going behind glass quickly. I'd like to hear if others feel this is unnecessary.

Recently I used Epson Cold Press Natural for a project of 55 A2 sheets. In the scheme of handling several sheets, there was an error on my part that caused several sheets to abrade one another - ink against ink. They had already been sprayed with the Hanhnemühle branded-spray (one coat). I could detect no surface damage, but don't know if the spray made a difference. I do know that William Turner prints would have been ruined in their place had they not been sprayed.

John-

IWC Doppel

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 01:18:49 pm »

The paper has arrived, but I haven't tried yet. I hope the flaking does not prove to be an issue, I was told this might be solved now ?

dalenster

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 02:01:10 pm »

So then, is the rule to coat the paper?  I suppose there is no other way around the possibility of flaking otherwise.  I've exhausted half a role of 60" epson cold press paper because of ink fall off.  It's very frustrating and is now becoming a very expensive problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up