Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: canyon  (Read 1033 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
canyon
« on: December 05, 2012, 03:09:38 pm »

The only difference is a sharpening mask applied to the intermediate mountains. I can't decide which I prefer.

Preferences? General comments? I've put up slightly larger versions than normal, to make the differences easier to see.

Jeremy

John E

Re: canyon
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:59:39 pm »

I prefer the second, Jeremy, as it better reflects a feeling of depth and distance.

John

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 04:17:37 pm »

John's right that atmospheric perspective is more pronounced in the second version, but I prefer the more menacing cliffs in the first version. I guess it's a matter of taste. They're both very good.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 06:39:40 pm »

I like the first best but think the third set of cliffs could do with a tad less sharpening.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 05:36:06 pm »

The only difference is a sharpening mask applied to the intermediate mountains. I can't decide which I prefer.

Preferences? General comments? I've put up slightly larger versions than normal, to make the differences easier to see.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, have you tried reading this book by Dan Margulis? Dan has quite a few methods contained within this book that allow you really bring out the best in canyons.

Warning: this book is not for the feint hearted PS user, as it goes very deeply and very quickly into the depths of PS and L. A. B. colour theory, but well worth the effort if you can stick with it.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up