Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing with Canon 9500 MKII 35mm borders  (Read 808 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
Printing with Canon 9500 MKII 35mm borders
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:04:39 am »

Last night I printed some mono captures on Canon's Photo Rag paper (notices people frowning and whispering) using the default settings and the HUGE border areas Canon forces on you. The print came out nice but I have no clue what to do with it! It just seems a lot of...space and matting all that would seem awkward. I just want to know what other folks are doing with this setting or are folks just printing matte so they can avoid the borders.

Mark

Bill Kramer

Re: Printing with Canon 9500 MKII 35mm borders
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 04:30:46 pm »

I also have a 9500 mkII. Good print quality, but you are stuck with the 35mm boarders anytime you use one of the Fine Art paper settings. This covers most of the better matte papers. Some paper companies such as Moab have made profiles that avoid the wide margins by using a different paper type. I have tried printing on Moab's Entrada and Lasal papers with the fine art profile and the small margins profile. While solving the margin problem the small margin prints are not as rich. You could also have custom profiles made to try to get good results with small margins.
I have just decided this is Canon's way of helping to reduce my ink costs by making my prints smaller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up