Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frustrating LR behavior  (Read 1847 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Frustrating LR behavior
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:44:53 pm »

I create a virtual copy->make a series of LR adjustments_> Edit in Cs5_> select make a copy with LR adjustments applied ->  WILL NOT OPEN IN CS5

IT WILL OPEN IN OTHER FILTERS LIKE NIK BUT NOT IN CS5

this seems to happen inconsistently and is very irritating.

I checked the Settings in preferences and they appear OK

HELP!!

I am On a MAC using LR 4.2

MDIJB

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:39:27 am by mdijb »
mdiimaging.com

Simon Garrett

Re: Frustrating LR behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:10:57 am »

I create a virtual copy->make a series of LR adjustments_> Edit in Cs5_> select make a copy with LR adjustments applied ->  WILL NOT OPEN IN CS5

IT WILL OPEN IN OTHER FILTERS LIKE NIK BUT NOT IN CS5

this seems to happen inconsistently and is very irritating.

I checked the Settings in preferences and they appear OK

HELP!!

MDIJB

Works for me.  What version of LR are you using?  In my case: LR4.3RC and CS5.

Just to check we're doing the same thing:
  • Create a virtual copy
  • Edit the virtual copy in LR
  • After these edits to the VC in LR, use "Edit in..." to edit the virtual copy in CS5 and save in CS5 (creating, in my case, a new TIF)
  • In LR, open the TIF in CS5 again by "Edit in...", choosing "Edit a copy with LR adjustments"

RFPhotography

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:33:53 am »

Curious why you're using the interim step of a VC.  You can edit an existing TIFF in LR then when it's opened in PS you can open a copy which leaves the original unchanged.  If you don't want the LR edits to be included with the original, you can move backward in the history after opening the copy in PS or you can create Snapshots to preserve history states.

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:38:20 am »

For Simon above

My original file was a 32 bit merged HDR file created using CS5.  THe export peferences are set to send a 16 BIt file to CS5--that is what will not open.

I got around this by sending the file to another plugin which did open, made a small change and saved back to CS5.  THen I sent to CS5 which did open, made more changes and aded some layers an saved back to LR.

Today I discovered that somehow, the size in inches of image changed slightly, the resolution was 240 instead of 300 I specified in Preferences, and the the bit depth changed to 8 bit instead of the 16 bit I specified.

I have no ideal how these changes occurred.

Is Lr becoming unstable?/  How best to deal with this??  I am On a MAC using LR 4.2

MDIJB

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:18:23 pm by mdijb »
mdiimaging.com

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:23 pm »

I figured out that the image was sent to CS5 thru ACR which was set to 8 bit.  WHen I changed the settings in ACR, the image now opens as 16 bit.

However the 32 bit image is still not being exported, changed to 16 bit, and opening in CS5.

I do not want the image to have to go thru ACR to open in CS5--How can I turn that off and go directly to CS5??

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up