Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadows in the mist  (Read 2007 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
Shadows in the mist
« on: November 30, 2012, 01:18:02 am »

The road between Reuschbach and my former village of six years in Obermohr. One must pay attention on this road because the deer cross it frequently. This particular morning was thick with shadows in the mist. Enjoy!

Mark Seawell
MSPHOTOWORLD

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Shadows in the mist
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 06:23:48 am »

The road between Reuschbach and my former village of six years in Obermohr. One must pay attention on this road because the deer cross it frequently. This particular morning was thick with shadows in the mist. Enjoy!

Mark Seawell
MSPHOTOWORLD

Another good shot. Does the mist ever lift in your part of the world?

Jeremy

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 08:14:19 am »

Great lead in with the fence. I like the two deer you also captured in this scene..but also wondered if the sun ever came out there.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

francois

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 08:46:00 am »

Great lead in with the fence. I like the two deer you also captured in this scene..but also wondered if the sun ever came out there.

I missed the deers… Even without those two animals, this photo is stunning, almost haunting.
Francois

mseawell

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:52:21 am »

Oh it does but Germany can be/is very wet, very rainy. My wife is Belgian and I came here when I was in the Air Force and have spent 20+ years in Europe since leaving sunny Raleigh, North Carolina. One thing I noticed after being her a while is Northern Europeans (Germans, Dutch, Belgians, English (though they are NOT European) rich or poor or whatever in the summer go on vacation to the southern parts (Spain, France, Italia) and now I SO understand why! When you endure this dreary weather you have got to get away! Also, even in "summer" you might get a week or two of "good' weather and that is it! That being said at least where I live in the western part of Germany close to Kaiserslaughtern you can have a great Sept/Oct but come November the party is over till mid April/May. I've seen very wet Spring weather here to.

But as you can see from some of my captures you can be rewarded if you are patient with VERY atmospheric weather and to be honest I've seen some mornings that would blow the socks off about any landscape photographer. Pristine billboard free areas with benches overlooking entire valleys. Rolling hills that when you combine with a decent sunrise and mist that covers the land like it is alive, even the casual non-photographer observer is deeply impressed. Walking with my wife here is what got me started in photography in the first place.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 09:21:03 am »

you can be rewarded if you are patient with VERY atmospheric weather and to be honest I've seen some mornings that would blow the socks off about any landscape photographer.

Lucky for us that you appreciate the opportunities and are so good at capturing them.

mseawell

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 09:51:50 am »

Cheers! I get lucky from time to time!

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 10:47:34 am »

These are the places and atmosheres that really draw and resonate with me...never knew as a child why...the effects of the sea, the chromatic softening yet retaining subtle lush and rich tones...just glad to have been born with that quirk...In school we did weekly assignments in glazing, building our sense of the object in chromatic greys...may have influenced how I see, or more probably what my eye waits to recognize...

In any event, as usual, too long winded, but appreciating your images very much.
Patricia
A common woman~

shaunw

• Shaun Walby Landscape Photography collections
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:13:47 pm »

Another good shot with lots of atmosphere, the addition of the deer also adds interest...top marks for atmosphere again.

Shaun
Canon 5D mk II Sigma 10-20, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 70-200 L, Lee Filters, Manfrotto geared head/tripod.

''Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop''. – Ansel Adams
http://www.shaunwalbyphotography.com

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:03:01 pm »

Absolutely stunning!
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up