Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In other news: Any idea when the Arca Cloud is comming out ?  (Read 4404 times)

julienlanoo

In other news: Any idea when the Arca Cloud is comming out ?
« on: November 29, 2012, 10:13:14 am »

I've ordered and payed one just after Photokina, with news it would be send to me half November..
Mhm, i wonder if it's comming soon now ?..

I just would like to have it before 21/12, as the world ends 24 later here.. it would be cool i could use it just be fore disappearance of humanity ..

greets
ju
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:15:53 am by julienlanoo »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: In other news: Any idea when the Arca Cloud is comming out ?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 11:06:02 am »

You paid for it?

Normally with "announced" products we would at-most take a deposit (which would of course be returned of the product is meaningfully later-to-ship than expected). Paying full price in advance for a product which is not yet shipping is not something I would want a customer to do.

Anyway, the emodule has been "coming soon" for so long that at this point the only guidance I give clients now is that I do believe that at some point they will ship it and it will be awesome, but I want to have a final ready-for-client version in my hands before I promise any delivery date.

julienlanoo

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:22:11 pm »

yeah, i bought my cam directely with arca, so while i was placing the order, i said, just add this to the invoice and send it in november..

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:48:43 pm »

"Arca Cloud"? Please tell me this isn't a camera you have to pay $500 a month for, in perpetuity, but that you can't take home?  :P
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww

julienlanoo

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:51:34 am »

First of all i have to say dealing with Arca it self is wonderfull, real good contact,
Martin is a Genious and knows his product in and out,

Cloud is a focussing device ...

[quote rauthor=ndevlin link=topic=72809.msg578423#msg578423 date=1354243723]
"Arca Cloud"? Please tell me this isn't a camera you have to pay $500 a month for, in perpetuity, but that you can't take home?  :P
[/quote]

design_freak

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:26:12 am »

I have a question. Did you contact Martin on this delivery?

Best regards,
DF

julienlanoo

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 08:26:15 am »

Yes, 5 minits ago,..
Its comming real soon

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 08:49:48 am »

As you may have the first one ever shipped, seriously, I would love to see some pictures and a review if possible. 

From what I can tell, this device does not slide on the the left side of the camera like the e-module did.  I am still interested in one but would like to see
how it's going to differ from any other well calibrated laser device like a Lecia Distro.  From all the pictures I have seen of the cloud, you hold to your eye, sight the subject and get a read out.  One that is more aware of your camera and selected lens.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Doug Peterson

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:22:10 am »

Yes, 5 minits ago,..
Its comming real soon

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but just for reference I've heard "real soon" and even "very soon" in the past.

I would not get excited by promised dates; I would not even get excited by a tracking number. I would only get excited when it is in your hands.

None of this is a negative statement on Arca's integrity. I have never met a man so thoroughly dedicated to "getting it 100% right" as Martin. I know he is being honest and forthright when he discusses ship dates in the future; he just has a tendency to underestimate how his dedication to getting it 100% right will interact with the world of electronics/design/murphey's-law.

Also, I doubt very much he will be first; orders are delivered in the order they are taken, regardless of the entity receiving the order. Though, the way Arca typically works is that nothing ships, and nothing ships, and then a big batch ships all at once and many/most orders are filled.

archivue

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 10:38:42 am »

i still think that a focussing device on a camera that i use on a tripod, isn't handy at all !

but being able to read directly the distance, is quite a good improvement !

David Klepacki

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 07:31:05 pm »

Also, I doubt very much he will be first; orders are delivered in the order they are taken, regardless of the entity receiving the order.

Doug, this is simply not true.  I ordered a FAC body (and an eModule Cloud) via Capture Integration on September 16 of this year (2.5 months ago). And I know for a fact that you were able to deliver a FAC body to a customer who ordered one just two weeks ago.  So, obviously there is some kind of "priority list" in place that has nothing to do with when the order was placed with Arca-Swiss.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 09:06:08 pm »

I don't know the details of that specific transaction (I don't deal with sales or ordering), but my guess is you are confusing two separate dates: [date the dealer places an order with Arca Swiss] and [date an end user places an order with a dealer].

My point was that if a dealer has an order in with Arca already then Arca will fill that order before shipping a new order (whether from another dealer or an end user). If they started playing favorites with their small number of direct orders (mostly from folks that aren't anywhere near a dealer) they would immediately alienate the dealers that comprise the vast majority of their sales and customer contact.

design_freak

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 05:36:54 am »

For me it is a strange situation. What is the purpose you were putting this post here? I could understand if it was a serious problem - repeated contact and a lack of understanding and find an amicable solution. But you can always get along when there's a problem - for example, change orders ...
Best regards,
DF

julienlanoo

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 02:57:56 pm »

You re right Design Freak,..
Why go drink a bear, if you have no goal to get drunk ?..

julienlanoo

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 03:05:50 pm »

@ Doug, i have completely different experience on your remark,
Arca (martin) has always been on time,
Even this week i had a problem with a copal shutter, and i have never been helped and fixed that quickly, professionaly and to the point like this week with arca..

Realy top prof service, better than many larger brands !!!  They know you need it, so they handle as should be !!!
Its a good partner and i am happy we ve started working withe their equipment, ..

Doug Peterson

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 03:49:51 pm »

@ Doug, i have completely different experience on your remark,
Arca (martin) has always been on time,
Even this week i had a problem with a copal shutter, and i have never been helped and fixed that quickly, professionaly and to the point like this week with arca..

Realy top prof service, better than many larger brands !!!  They know you need it, so they handle as should be !!!
Its a good partner and i am happy we ve started working withe their equipment, ..

I think you misunderstood the specifics of my comments.

Regarding quality of the product, interoperability of the system, tolerance of manufacturing, and durability of build, we've always found Arca to be absolutely top notch.

Regarding service, support, repairs, and these sorts of things we've always found Arca to be quite good.

In providing timelines for shipping on NOT YET RELEASED products we've found them often very optimistic.

In other words once you receive your Arca Cloud I have great confidence it will be an exceptional product and will serve you well, and if you ever have any problem with it I have great confidence they will treat you very well, and provide you reasonably fast service (depends on the time of the year as Europeans go on long summer and winter vacations).

My only point was that until the Arca Cloud is 100% fully shipping you should take their estimates of when it will be available with a grain of salt. This is not an insult or a besmirch on their character or honesty, just an acknowledgement that, often in the past, they've been a bit optimistic on R+D timelines.
Pages: [1]   Go Up