Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 Library previews work, develop doesn't  (Read 1511 times)

NickCroken

LR4 Library previews work, develop doesn't
« on: November 28, 2012, 04:58:29 pm »

I've come here as a last resort as I am at wits end.  Last night I was using lr4.2 without an issue and now this morning it is not working at all.  I can see the files perfectly under the library tab but when I switch to develop to process the images everything goes to hell.  The images appear blurry as if a preview has never been made. When I try zooming in, the image just becomes more blurry.  This is happening on all of my files from the past 3 years so it isn't a recent image issue.  So far I have tried restarting the computer (windows based, vista 64 professional) and creating a new catalog. 

Has anyone experienced this before? 

Simon Garrett

Re: LR4 Library previews work, develop doesn't
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:34:32 pm »

I'd recommend posting at http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom?view=discussions as that gets a wide coverage by Adobe staffers. 

However, are your images on an internal or external drive?  In other words, could the drive letter have changed?  Or could the files have been moved?  That would also be indicated by a ? by the images in grid view or by the folders in the folder list (if whole folders have gone missing).  If the image files are not where LR thinks they should be, you'll still see the images in Library (grid or loupe) as it uses previously-cached previews, but develop module needs the images online. 

NickCroken

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 05:35:29 pm »

The drive letter hasn't changed.  Nothing has changed at all! The computer was shutdown and turned on!

NickCroken

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 06:41:32 pm »

I just uninstalled everything having to do with lightroom and tried a clean install.  The issue is still happening!! Now I'm really at a loss.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:08:18 am »

Recalibrate your monitor. It may be a corrupt profile. Also update drivers.

NickCroken

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:51:52 am »

John Beardy,
You are my f*$#ing hero right now.  If I could march a pack of beer to you right now I would.  You have no idea how happy I am.  Would the post have been better for uninstalling everything and deleting all previews? Yes.  At this point I don't even care!
Thank you so much!!!
Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up