Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Nex 7 after firmware update video problems  (Read 1598 times)

Eugen-Florin

• Eugen-Florin Zamfirescu
Sony Nex 7 after firmware update video problems
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:29:52 pm »

Hello,
I finally upgraded my Sony Nex 7 and to my horror all my memory cards that I have used previously are now recording choppy and stuttering video
with a number of missing frames. When played back in the camera they all look fine. The problem arises when transferred into my MacPro or Macbook Pro.
It only happens at 60p. I have been using various SD memory cards and I tried to transfer from within the Sony camera as well from a card reader.
Both methods gave me no headache until this upgrade.
Has any of you encountered this so far ?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:48:50 pm by florin »

jrsforums

Re: Sony Nex 7 after firmware update video problems
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:08:51 pm »

Hello,
I finally upgraded my Sony Nex 7 and to my horror all my memory cards that I have used previously are now recording choppy and stuttering video
with a number of missing frames. When played back in the camera they all look fine. The problem arises when transferred into my MacPro or Macbook Pro.
It only happens at 60p. I have been using various SD memory cards and I tried to transfer from within the Sony camera as well from a card reader.
Both methods gave me no headache until this upgrade.
Has any of you encountered this so far ?

Before your edit, I think you said you had it set at 1/30. I am not a videographer, but I thought that the generally recommended shutter speed was 1 over twice the frame rate...so in this case 1/120...if I am correct tat is also called a shutter angle of 180 degrees.

John
John

Eugen-Florin

• Eugen-Florin Zamfirescu
Re: Sony Nex 7 after firmware update video problems
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 06:40:07 pm »

Using a software as ClipWrap will solve the issue for 60progressive
Pages: [1]   Go Up