Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One Schneider lenses  (Read 15075 times)

FredBGG

Re: Phase One Schneider lenses... who makes them? And where?
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 03:00:55 am »

But, neither Adorama nor B+H are authorized Phase One dealers (unless somebody bribed somebody some where). Again apples and oranges...by thins point you should "get it", right? If you don't, then something else is going on...right?

They are both Mamiya Leaf dealers and I quoted their published Mamiya Leaf prices....

Kitty

• http://
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 05:36:15 am »

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-wtb/34817-sold-phase-one-df-kit-lenses-accessories.html

I wish your wife the very best. There has been Cancer in my family too. My wife's best friend just beat it too. Best of luck to you both!

The link is dead now. Please do not ban Fred from this. He is very informative. I am a MFB user but I always like to hear about DSLR.

Kitty

julienlanoo

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 06:02:53 am »

mhm, I've got the LS lenzes, labeled shneider.  - And my equipment is used everyday all day -
- Phase one DB's are absolutely perfect

BUT
- After some time of use of the Shneider LS lenses, i though, what a Poor build quality for a "german" lens, that plastic focus ring and/or switch to AF-MF is realy not that well build, if you compare with 30 year old Hassy lenses wich are SPOT on perfect, precize, no feeling of :" it can break appart at any moment".
- Also the Phase/Mamiya Body isn't that trust worthy, i can't get out to shoot without being scared it breaks...  Just the clumbsy feeling of the body, don't trust it at all, like i could trust my old Hasselblad 500...

IF
I thus changed to some thing more "thrust worthy" for most things, and bought a Rm3di, with the " real " shneiders ,  and immidiatly you see the quality difference of these lenses compaired to the Phase Shneider LS lenses..  at more or less the same cost..
On the one hand, they are sharper, they give more image for the same buck, and the build quality is waaaaayyyyyy better..

So dunno, i am thinkin still to change my M645 phase one, for ah Hasselblad V version and go back to Hassies ..

FredBGG

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 06:04:22 am »

The link is dead now. Please do not ban Fred from this. He is very informative. I am a MFB user but I always like to hear about DSLR.

Kitty

Yup it's been deleted. Link worked earlier today.....

julienlanoo

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 06:06:45 am »

And don't even talk about the 28 mm Mamiya lens, seriously, that one is real shit build quality..

Kitty

• http://
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 06:41:44 am »

And don't even talk about the 28 mm Mamiya lens, seriously, that one is real shit build quality..

I saw an youtube video an german photographer photos architecture said the new Schneider 28 mm on DF body is the best lens.
May be it is the difference one. So many lens version now.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 08:28:39 am »

Enough already. Please move on.
Topic Locked

michael

Re: Phase One Schneider lenses
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 09:24:09 am »

My suggestion is that people voluntarily back off this topic as it seems to have run its course. Otherwise I'll close it.

Michael

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up