Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D800E malfunction  (Read 1372 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

D800E malfunction
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:12:43 am »

I used the camera yesterday, and all seemed fine. Today, if I take a picture, it shows up on the screen, but then stays there, and never goes away. Also the replay does not work, nor does the menu button. Screen stays blank.
Any suggestions? I will need to switch systems. I have two SD cards with many images, the cards were formatted in the Nikon. can I use the cards in a Sony A900 without reformatting? reason I ask, is we are still homeless after Sandy. I want to leave the images on the cards because I have no back up capability, I am living with a notebook PC intil I can return home.
camera under warranty, but I hate to send it away.
Thanks
Dave

GeraldB

• Gerald Bloch Photography
Re: D800E malfunction
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:59:37 am »

Try taking the battery out and re-inserting it. There was a time that some D800's were suffering from a lockup issue and this was the solution.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:43:20 pm »

As previous posted, I would try a battery removal, you can also reset all the current settings back to factory default.  I don't have my manual in front of me, but can look it up later.  I had a freeze on a
D800 similar to yours that this fixed. 

As for the cards, in theory you should be OK, as the Sony should just create a new folder, however I would not risk it if the images are important. I have had a problems moving between various Canon bodies, namely a 5D MKII and 1D MIV.  That's another story and I was able to get the images back, but it a bit of a shock. 

Can you order/purchase new cards?  Not sure if in your location they can deliver or not. 

If you need a card, I can send you one, as I have quite a few 16GB laying around unused at the moment.

PM me if you need to.
Paul

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:53:10 pm »

Thank you all. I tried everything and gave up. UPS picked it up yesterday for delivery to Nikon today. Hoping their turn-around is quick.
Thanks all for the help, and thank you  Paul for the generous offer.
Dave in NJ

As previous posted, I would try a battery removal, you can also reset all the current settings back to factory default.  I don't have my manual in front of me, but can look it up later.  I had a freeze on a
D800 similar to yours that this fixed. 

As for the cards, in theory you should be OK, as the Sony should just create a new folder, however I would not risk it if the images are important. I have had a problems moving between various Canon bodies, namely a 5D MKII and 1D MIV.  That's another story and I was able to get the images back, but it a bit of a shock. 

Can you order/purchase new cards?  Not sure if in your location they can deliver or not. 

If you need a card, I can send you one, as I have quite a few 16GB laying around unused at the moment.

PM me if you need to.
Paul

Pages: [1]   Go Up