Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Look the other way  (Read 1357 times)

marvpelkey

Look the other way
« on: November 25, 2012, 07:24:48 pm »

Not in the traditional sense though. Finishing up a day of photography, I was travelling along the Sea to Sky highway as the last sunset colours died to the west. A sudden blaze of light caused me, and a bunch of other motorists to stop at a viewpoint. However, while the others concentrated on the view to the west, which didn't interest me as much as I thought it would, I happened to look over my shoulder to a mountaintop  immediately across the highway. I believe I was the only one at the viewpoint facing the wrong way. The added bonus was it delayed my arrival to the M-I-Ls for dinner.

Marv

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Look the other way
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:42:28 am »

Not bad, Marv. Interesting light. Wish I could see a larger version of it though. It's hard to see what's going on in this small version.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

marvpelkey

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:51:16 pm »

Thanks Russ.

Too small even when you click on it?

Marv

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:55:52 am »

Thanks Russ.

Too small even when you click on it?

Marv

Yes, Marv. 600 x 400 looks tiny on modern monitors. FWIW, My preset in LR for shots I post here resizes them to 1200 pixels on the long edge.

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 06:08:02 am »

Yes, Marv. 600 x 400 looks tiny on modern monitors. FWIW, My preset in LR for shots I post here resizes them to 1200 pixels on the long edge.

Jeremy

Yes, the image is too small but it looks very promising, even at 600x400 pixels.
Francois

nemo295

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 11:46:15 am »

I'm not crazy about the large foreground area being featureless black. It almost looks like someone tore the bottom of the photograph off.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:48:27 am by Doug Frost »

marvpelkey

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:04 pm »

Thanks for the advice about the size for submissions. Coincidently, after Russ' first comment I attached an image in another post at 800 on the longest size. I will try 1200 next time.

Doug, The file was full DR right out of the camera, with the trees being at the black end and little tone correction was done. Until your torn page comment, I thought the image looked OK. Now, I'll have to re-consider. Combining your comment with others I have rec'd over the last while, it appears I have a subconscious attachment to high contrast. A few years of therapy and I should be fine.

Marv
Pages: [1]   Go Up