Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Book  (Read 1559 times)

JohnCox123

Photo Book
« on: November 25, 2012, 06:03:14 pm »

I'm about to publish a limited run photo book. It will contain hi-res photos and special edition prints that could be framed. There will be in depth analysis of what went into the process and thinking behind each image. The book will be geared to the art lover.
I'm wondering if anyone else has done one of these and has advice on where to go for printing.
I want very High quality bindings, paper, and images. I intend to include my own prints from my studio. I was also told to look into copyright. Someone mentioned that some of the on-line places might try and copyright the content in their name making me unable to sell my work.

Thanks,
John

fnagy

• www.franknagyphotography.com
Re: Photo Book
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:15:15 am »

John, sounds like a good project, the one crucial element you did not mention was what price range (for production) were you aiming for.  Just by reading your requirements, and having some experience in book reproductions etc, I would say each book would cost approx $250?  Any reputable printer (and not those "free" or cut rate ones) would never re-use any content.
Love & Peace
Frank

JohnCox123

Re: Photo Book
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:12:03 pm »

I hadn't expected quite that much per book, I was planning $100 or so per book and then my own costs for printing photos to ship with it. My costs would be around $80 depending on the size of the book (that would dictate the size and number of photos). I had done some researching at on line publishing places like lulu (http://www.lulu.com/publish/?cid=en_tab_publish) where it would be less than that but less quality.

I could accept a $250 cost if it meant higher quality, but I may have to scale back production.
Pages: [1]   Go Up