Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pentax 645d, PEF and DNG  (Read 3646 times)

coastalfog

Pentax 645d, PEF and DNG
« on: November 25, 2012, 01:51:43 pm »

Wondering if there are any Pentax 645D shooters or others with similar camera's that C1 doesn't support.

I have really become fond of the new version of the past month of v7 trial but i'm a little torn because C1 does not support the native Pentax PEF format for the 645D, It does as you know support the in Camera DNG files.

So my question is this...

Does anyone know if i'm losing any image quality, lens corrections etc... by shooting the camera in DNG and converting those files in C1?

Any sage advice to help keep me in C1 is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cris..

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Pentax 645d, PEF and DNG
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:55:56 am »

from what I read, the DNG is a slightly compressed RAW, and it "should/nt" have any quality difference. Perhaps others can chime in.

I've been wanting to give that camera a go. It sounds like a really nice setup for the right use.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

coastalfog

Re: Pentax 645d, PEF and DNG
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:01:39 am »

Hey Phil,
Yeh i've been doing some poking around today and that is about the same as I could come up with. I also shot some side by side DNG's and PEF files and opened them up in both LR and C1 and could tell no difference between the two images whatsoever. So with that said I think i'll just continue to shoot DNG and use C1 to process. With Version 7 i'm amazed how much more i can pull out of an image compared to LR.

I love the 645D, I know there is a lot of hubbub about the Nikon D800 but I still wouldn't trade my 645D in. I shoot primarily Fine Art Landscape Photography so high iso is really a non event for me.

Thanks again for commenting.

Cris...
Pages: [1]   Go Up