Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony and Panasonic bonds downgraded to "junk" status  (Read 6119 times)

jeremypayne

Re: Sony and Panasonic bonds downgraded to "junk" status
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 06:43:46 am »

Sigh.

Meanwhile the 10 year German bond yield is 1.38% and the Euro central bank rate is 0.75%. Ireland is paying nearly four times as much as Germany to borrow money.

What's up with the sighs?  Your haughty tone is a mismatch with your lack of command of factual information.

Sovereign bond prices and yields are not driven by ratings ... Any suggestion that they are is a fantasy.

Germany pays less to borrow because Germany has better credit, not because of anything anyone at any rating agency has ever said.

But you aren't interested in facts ... You have demonstrated that you are more interested in making up naratives than searching for any kind of truth.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:46:43 am by Jeremy Payne »

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 07:25:48 am »

Well, of course it is. Ireland's economy is in desperate straits and Germany's isn't (yet). What does that have to do with ratings agencies?

Jeremy

Whatever Jeremy, whatever.

jeremypayne

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 07:46:00 am »

What's that supposed to mean?  Is that your stock response to an inconvenient truth?

I didn't put any words in your mouth ... you said what you said ... you claimed that ratings agency downgrades CAUSED misery in Ireland and elsewhere.

That is plain bullshit.  When your bullshit is challenged, you seem to have three response types:

- Sometimes you try and redefine core terms and concepts - what Slobodan called "Humpty Dumpty"
 - Sometimes you try and change the subject
 - Sometimes you make a petty response as here, like "Whatever"

Just don't play the poseur and you won't get challenged.  Stick to what you ACTUALLY know.

Unless, of course, you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Justinr

• Ink+images
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 10:33:56 am »

What's that supposed to mean?  Is that your stock response to an inconvenient truth?

I didn't put any words in your mouth ... you said what you said ... you claimed that ratings agency downgrades CAUSED misery in Ireland and elsewhere.

That is plain bullshit.  When your bullshit is challenged, you seem to have three response types:

- Sometimes you try and redefine core terms and concepts - what Slobodan called "Humpty Dumpty"
 - Sometimes you try and change the subject
 - Sometimes you make a petty response as here, like "Whatever"

Just don't play the poseur and you won't get challenged.  Stick to what you ACTUALLY know.

Unless, of course, you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

FFS!!

Grow up will you rather than flapping around from sandcastle to sandcastle pointing your finger and wailing because somebody sits out side your own petty little rut, it ain't big and it ain't clever irrespective of what it looks like in the mirror.

When you know half as much as you like to pretend then at last you might be useful but 'til then go get a life.

Jeez........

Note to mods, You'll probably want to take this post down but if I really expressed how I view the infantile antics of our friend here you'd have me locked up let alone banned.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:36:23 am by Justinr »

jeremypayne

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 10:57:58 am »

When you know half as much as you like to pretend then at last you might be useful but 'til then go get a life.

Can you point out what it is that I pretend to know that I don't?

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

That's the response of a rather dim teenager.

Jeremy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up