Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using C1 Pilot?  (Read 2759 times)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Anyone using C1 Pilot?
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:53:07 am »

I've not used C1 Pilot for a while, but I could have sworn I used to be able to fire the shutter and set aperture / speed etc from it. On my iPad 2 on iOS 6, I see the panel I would expect and it shows my tethered Nikon D700 with various dials, and the exposure settings are updated if I change those settings back in C1. But I thought I could also change exposure directly on the iPad or hit the shutter release. Does this seem right?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 08:00:23 am by johnbeardy »

Kerry L

Re: Anyone using C1 Pilot?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:02:04 am »

I've not used C1 Pilot for a while, but I could have sworn I used to be able to fire the shutter and set aperture / speed etc from it. On my iPad 2 on iOS 6, I see the panel I would expect and it shows my tethered Nikon D700 with various dials, and the exposure settings are updated if I change those settings back in C1. But I thought I could also change exposure directly on the iPad or hit the shutter release. Does this seem right?

You need to purchase the camera control app for your iPhone/iPad.

I've been using both tetherd and Capture Pilot with COv7 and my D3.  When I click on the camera icon in Pilot on my iPhone a dialogue box pops up saying that I need to purchase this for $14.99.

I have complete camera control when tethered only, except for orientation correction.
"Try and let your mind see more than you

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 10:05:27 am »

That's what puzzles me - I have that app installed.

Kerry L

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 10:18:14 am »

That's what puzzles me - I have that app installed.

I take it that you have both apps installed, Capture Pilot and Camera Control which is described as an "in-app" purchase.

In the app store there is a list of cameras that Camera Control will work with. Perhaps one or the other OS doesn't recognize your camera. I had a similar problem while trying to use Capture Pilot on an older laptop running Win XP and COv6.2
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 05:41:37 pm by Kerry L »
"Try and let your mind see more than you

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 08:51:31 am »

Definitely got them both installed. I just tested it on my Mac, same camera, same iPad, same USB cable, and I was able to change shutter speed etc from the iPad. So a bug in C1/Windows tethering?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 09:15:35 am »

I've logged it with C1 support (case 114807). Thanks for your help.

John

orc73

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 05:02:10 pm »

honestly I would be happy if Capture Pilot would show my pics constantly for all the pictures. I have the C1 v 7.0.1 running, if I have a folder with about 200 pics, which should be normal for shootings it usually hangs after looking at about 20 pics. Can't imagine to expand functionality for money if they don't even get the basic feature stable. I have D800e raw files on mac. I would think P1 files must be even bigger, so it can't be the file size.
To me this is a beta version. What a shame they ask money for that.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 05:30:58 pm »

Capture pilot is quite refined and is very stable.

My guess is your network fidelity/speed, your iOS, your network settings, or something else isn't up to snuff. Like any wireless app it does depend very heavily on your network.

Have you started a support case? Have you done any formal training on capture pilot? Have you read the documentation?

For instance is your device's Bluetooth on? That will cause sporadic connection and performance issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up