Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 v7 Looks Great and No Problems So Far  (Read 1535 times)

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
C1 v7 Looks Great and No Problems So Far
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:41:35 pm »

I was very concerned about going from v6 to v7 right now with all of the discussed problems. But I decided that I really wanted to see if the image rendering was going to be that much better "as advertised". So I upgraded with the trial version but I did install over my v6.

No crashes for a few days now, everything seems to be OK. And I must say that with my files from Leaf and Canon and scanned tif's are just superb. Every time I open a file, I am almost exclaiming WOW out loud. I will have to open some of my Phase One files and take a look.

I am no pixel peeper, I am just looking at files I know pretty well across different softwares and I can only say that I am very impressed with v7.

By the way I am on a Mac Pro 2.8 quad with 16 gb Ram and OS 10.7.5.

Just thought I would say so.

So far so good anyway. Thanks!
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

makaphoto

Re: C1 v7 Looks Great and No Problems So Far
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:57:44 am »

Finally a post that is not dealing with catalogues or sessions or whatever clever ways to sort your pictures. I never bothered about these and don't use them. I'm rather enjoying the superb job Capture One is doing to my photos. Version 7 is a great step forward in my opinion and is worth getting just because of the way it's dealing with shadows and highlights now. Suddenly it's so much easier to do the right thing to my RAW files.
There's still many things I don't like about the program - it's so counterintuitive sometimes to drive one crazy. But the capabilities it offers for RAW processing are clearly the best I've found so far.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 05:33:12 am »

Thanks for the nice comments.

Only way is up!
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 09:26:27 am »

Truly! I opened RAW files from just my point and shoot Canon S90 last night and was just astounded! The results from v7 is exactly what I was hoping for. Maybe I don't need a 160 megapixel back after all LOL  :D
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 01:43:26 pm »

Yes but the rising tide of image quality improvement in v7 raises all camera boats.

If it improved your s90 that much, imagine what it does for IQ160 files.

I know that for me it means I can now shoot ISO3200 with a Phase back when I do weddings, whereas with Capture One 6 I only felt good up to ISO1600.
Pages: [1]   Go Up