Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing about with a new HDR program from NIK Software  (Read 1101 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Playing about with a new HDR program from NIK Software
« on: November 18, 2012, 09:02:37 pm »

They made a gift of this to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. As a general rule, i don't much care for HDR but the more I play with it, the more I at least can appreciate the difficulty of getting a good range.

I shot this a couple of hours ago with the intent of making an HDR image but had some difficulty getting the three exposures to align just right, so did a "Norma" edit, an HDR and a combo of the two with the overlay at 38%. Still playing and learning.

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Playing about with a new HDR program from NIK Software
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 06:51:23 am »

The HDR looks, with respect, vile. I'm not convinced, looking at them on an old MBP, that the combination shot is an improvement over the simple edit.

Jeremy

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:10:35 am »

I quite agree....back to the drawing board as to getting a decent HDR mind you, just to say I can....I still think I don't like the effect.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 08:52:34 am »

What was wrong with the first exposure? Looks properly exposed to me, I don't see why you would need HDR for this particular shot.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:27:47 am »

Like I said, just playing about with exposure ranges. Can't learn if you don't experiment and get feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up