Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR on 2 computers w/different platforms  (Read 2049 times)

KeithR

LR on 2 computers w/different platforms
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:09 pm »

I have LR running on my PC and my daughter asked if it could also be put on her MBP. She's just starting out with her 1st "real" camera so I'd like to get her started down the right path.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

Simon Garrett

Re: LR on 2 computers w/different platforms
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:04:11 pm »

Google is your friend.  From http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/eula/lightroom.html:
2.4 Portable or Home Computer Use. The primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer.
That means what you want to do would be outside the terms of the Adobe licence.  As far as I'm aware, Adobe doesn't check whether the second copy is for the exclusive use of the primary user, and not used at the same time as the copy on the primary computer. 

eliedinur

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 04:31:53 am »

Honor system.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

RFPhotography

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 10:04:03 am »

You do have to register the software when the license code is input.  I believe, if there is more than the permitted number of installations under the same license number (2) Adobe will not permit the additional install. 

But, there may be issues if you try to install the software with the same license on computers with different operating systems.

At the end of the day, Lightroom isn't that expensive.  If your daughter is in school she may be able to get an educational discount, making it even less expensive.  Just get her a legitimate copy.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 01:12:18 pm »

But, there may be issues if you try to install the software with the same license on computers with different operating systems.

Before I decided to only use a single computer, I used a desktop Win7 machine and MBP and used a single Lightroom license. This works!

RFPhotography

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 02:08:57 pm »

Interesting.  Cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up