Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma DP1M Camera Settings Don't Save After Firmware Update.  (Read 1295 times)

GCecchetto

Sigma DP1M Camera Settings Don't Save After Firmware Update.
« on: November 18, 2012, 05:41:49 pm »

Hello;

I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with their DP1M camera settings not saving after updating to the latest firmware? Every time I turn it off, which you have to do when you are not actually taking a photograph if you want the battery to last any longer than an hour or so, it defaults back to auto iso, jpeg fine, 1 stop iso settings, and no grid. It's driving me nuts and eating up my battery having to take the time reset everything each time. I'm currently out taking photos and don't have the manual with me so I'll have to look into whether or not there is a setting to keep my desired settings when I get home.  I didn't have this issue before the firmware update though.

The IQ this camera produces absolutely rocks, but I have to wonder if anyone at Sigma actually uses them before they release them to the public. The lens shade that requires you to remove it to put the lens cap on has to be one of the most brain dead maneuvers I have ever seen. I took a router to mine and trimmed out the baffle so I can now leave the lens hood on and use the lens cap. That coupled with John Milch's L plate/grip combo and you actually have a useable camera.

Anyway, if anyone out there can help me with the settings issue I be very appreciative.

Thanks

GCecchetto

GCecchetto

Re: Sigma DP1M Camera Settings Don't Save After Firmware Update.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »

Think I got it fixed. I did a reset and it seems to be holding the settings now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up