Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 V7 Images Soft Under 100%  (Read 2774 times)

coastalfog

C1 V7 Images Soft Under 100%
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:43:41 am »

Hello i'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm evaluating C1 Version 7 and really like the software a lot. the only thing that drives me crazy is that my images on screen at the default Fit to Screen size all the way up to 100% load sharp initially and then turn soft. At 100% the image loads sharp and stays sharp however it's a little hard to work at 100% ;-)

I'm running C1 on a newer Macbook Pro running OS 10.7 connected to an Apple Thunderbolt Display.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cris...

Remko

Re: C1 V7 Images Soft Under 100%
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 05:30:40 am »

Hi Cris,

I think I know what you are talking about. What I experienced is that somehow a non-100% view seems not to be processed completely. I had a D3 10000 ISO shot that looked great at 100 % view after editing, but looked way too noisy at the "fit to screen" view. Same with chromatic aberrations in a D800 image....Something is wrong.
I checked with V6 and there all is fine with the same images.

I'll raise a support ticket, as I have some other oddities to report, and come back here with the response of the support team.

cheers,
Remko

Edit: corrected a typo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:32:15 pm by remko »

coastalfog

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 12:56:29 pm »

Remko,
Thanks a million that would be great. Right now it's about the only thing from stopping me from switching over from Lightroom.

Hope we can get the issue straightened out, because everything else i really like.

Cris...

Remko

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 11:42:07 am »

Hi Cris,

Your very welcome of course :-)

Just got feedback from the Support Team about the issue I described above. They are well aware of it and consider it as a bug that will be fixed soon. So let's hope the fix will be already in the V7.1 release  ;D

I also switched recently from LR 4 to C1 Pro (2 months ago). I love the output! The differentiation in colors is impressive. So much more different shades of green e.g. in the same file compared to LR! Also you get easily more fine details out of your RAW as the sharpening algorithms are better. Up to then I was certainly pleased with the results from LR, but after trying C1 not so much anymore. Now in V7 the new RAW engine and the improved shadow and highlight sliders makes me not going back to LR anymore at all.
Still LR is much easier and more intuitive to use, but just try to jump over this hurdle as it is more than worth it IMHO.

Here on LL and at GetDPI are a lot of experienced and friendly people prepared to help you with any question.

Here you can find the on-line Help for C1 Pro V7: http://help.phaseone.com/en/CO7.aspx and here the YouTube C1 Pro V7 vids: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDMRz3ssFQH6HhCcWLh7xL0SapRxUNzs9&feature=plcp

cheers,
Remko

coastalfog

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:24:03 pm »

Remko,
Thanks a million for finding that out and reporting back. I'm in the same camp as you once i started processing some of my landscape work though C1v7 i wanted to go back and reprocess everything i've ever done in LR since version 1 ;-)

Thanks for the links i'll keep my eyes peeled for the next update.

Cris...

lkuhlmann

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 03:05:32 am »

This is not really a bug, but a consequence of several "speed improvements".

To get back to Capture One 6 "behavior", you need to change the preview size to 1024 (the default from Capture One 6) - and re-generate the previews - or move the raw files and import them again.

Capture One 7 uses much larger previews - to be able to speed up "zoom to fit" on large screens. Some may find they prefer smaller previews (and somewhat slower views - at 17-33%).

This default Capture One 7 behavior will be fixed in a service release soon.

-Lionel
Pages: [1]   Go Up