Poll

Will Kyle Dake of Cornell win his 4th NCAA D1 Wrestling Title?

Yep, and at 165 - his 4th weight class - never been done before
- 1 (100%)
Yes, but back at 157 - he'll drop down before the tournament
- 0 (0%)
Nope, not at 165 - Taylor of Penn State will take it if he stays up
- 0 (0%)
Nope, Caldwell of OSU will beat him if he stays up
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon EOS 1D MkIIn package for sale.. $600/trade for 5D?  (Read 992 times)

Deardorff

Canon EOS 1D MkIIn package for sale.. $600/trade for 5D?
« on: November 15, 2012, 04:05:48 pm »

One very nice Canon EOS 1DMkIIn body with two extra batteries, charger and the stuff in the box - but no CD's.

Very good camera. I have two for sale as I am upgrading to newer bodies for news, sports and wildlife work.

If you want to see what images look like from this particular body check at http://www.sportshots.org and look at these games. Rugby@FargoShanley, Carrington@Rugby and TGU@BishopRyan. I know this body as well as the second one I'll be selling were used to shoot these games. I have 4 bodies and cycle them through so no one body gets worked to the end.

This body had Canon Pro Service replace the shutter June 2011. All is working fine and it has not given me problems.

If you have not used Canon 1 Series cameras you are in for a real treat. Much better than the mid range stuff. More solid, better weather sealed and faster and more sure AF.

I do a fair amount of work for small town newspapers as well as sports and wildlife shooting with these bodies. Add in North Dakota winters and the cameras have solid experience at 34 below zero and still worked.

Questions??? Feel free to ask. Email me for bigger photos so you can see more clearly the condition.

Asking $650 plus shipping for this one as it has the charger and package. The second one will be $550 plus shipping. Email for info and photos on it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:05:05 am by Deardorff »

Deardorff

Re: Canon EOS 1D MkIIn package for sale.. $600/trade for 5D?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:05:18 pm »

I have had a couple questions on this camera.

The shutter failed at about 46,000 actuations. Way too soon per Canon tho they didn't give me a price break in replacement. The new one most likely has about that or a bit less as I shoot for small town weekly newspapers on occasion. My own stuff the rest of the time - and cycle 4 bodies in and out so no one gets all the work.

Have two MkIII bodies now and like them. No AF issues - I bought used from friends who shoot sports and wildlife so the bodies and performance was a known factor.

Take a good look. Decent cameras. Image files are very nice. One of the sharpest Canon has ever made. A number of sports shooters like them over the MkIII and especially over the 30-60D series. Same with the 7D for a lot of shooters who tried it and went back to these MkII bodies.

Feel free to ask question.

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
Re: Canon EOS 1D MkIIn package for sale.. $600/trade for 5D?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:31:46 pm »

Nice. These are good cameras. I sent a link to this thread to one of my students who might be interested.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/
Pages: [1]   Go Up