Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down

Author Topic: LEICA M MONOCHROM : keep sharing pictures, guys, ....  (Read 332335 times)

Allen Bourgeois

Re: LEICA M MONOCHROM : keep sharing pictures, guys, ....
« Reply #660 on: February 25, 2017, 11:18:29 pm »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #661 on: February 26, 2017, 10:59:26 am »

Ah, Allen, beautiful!

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #662 on: February 26, 2017, 01:26:19 pm »

+1

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #663 on: February 26, 2017, 09:24:41 pm »

Thanks guys....

I am still love'n the original MM.

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #664 on: March 05, 2017, 05:11:53 pm »

Got out for a couple of hours today

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #665 on: March 06, 2017, 02:35:56 am »

Composition in the first one is great. I wouldn't normally ask but what was the ISO for this? Quite high?

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #666 on: March 06, 2017, 02:53:14 pm »

Thanks Mike and 3200 if I remember correctly.

I think these were all shot at 1600 or 3200.

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #667 on: March 06, 2017, 05:33:46 pm »

Looked like it might be high. I was curious if it was high ISO or post processing.

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #668 on: March 07, 2017, 05:09:48 pm »

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #669 on: March 08, 2017, 02:28:22 am »

Have you tried square crop losing the bottom on number 2?

These are very basic simple shots, black and white (doh) and relying on form. Good stuff.

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #670 on: March 08, 2017, 04:12:09 pm »

Have you tried square crop losing the bottom on number 2?

These are very basic simple shots, black and white (doh) and relying on form. Good stuff.

Thanks Mike and I agree with you about #2. I think that the muddy shadows at the bottom are taking away from the otherwise clean effect. Thanks for the suggestion.

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #671 on: March 16, 2017, 08:55:43 am »

Anyone know why photos are not showing up?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #672 on: March 16, 2017, 09:19:59 am »

Anyone know why photos are not showing up?

Sometimes, when a thread has so many pages as this one, and in particular so many images, it might become corrupted. Admin then splits it into two, that is, creates another thread with the same title, #2. Try contacting Admin.

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #673 on: March 16, 2017, 09:28:15 am »

Ok thanks so much.....

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #674 on: March 16, 2017, 11:01:22 am »

Just tried to upload a photo to another thread here and it to is showing up as a ? in a blue box. HHMMM?????
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:09:03 am by Allen Bourgeois »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #675 on: March 16, 2017, 11:02:18 am »

Seems that LuLa server is slowing things down today. Even text replies are loading real slow.

Krug

« Reply #676 on: March 31, 2017, 12:50:43 pm »

Here in Southern Ontario as Winter wanes but Spring is not yet sure we have a bit of an hiatus - however still have to shoot something !

These are some efforts with the MM + ZM18/4 - a current enthusiasm - a couple of days ago. Just  a local historic graveyard, an old Scots Fir in a big view and and what was once a barn and fence ... typical symbols of the changes in the agricultural landscape.

Any thoughts ?
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #677 on: April 25, 2020, 03:30:50 pm »

Anyone here have the new M 10 Monochrom?

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #678 on: April 25, 2020, 09:03:06 pm »

Allen Bourgeois

« Reply #679 on: April 25, 2020, 09:06:43 pm »

I had an exhibit in Hamburg Germany last May and here is a review of the exhibit. The exhibit received 4.25 stars out of 5. Here's a link to the review. It is in German.
https://www.kultur-port.de/index.php/blog/fotografie/15630-allen-bourgeois-streets-alleys-and-other-observations-chicago-claus-friede.html

Here's what it translated to in Google Translate

"On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the town twinning between Hamburg and Chicago this year, the America Center in Hamburg HafenCity is showing black and white photos by the American photographer Allen Bourgeois.

The Chicago-based bourgeois served as a soldier with the U.S. Marines for several years before a scholarship enabled him to study photography. Since then he has only been armed with a camera - and apparently he always has it with him.

The strong bearded man has a friendly charisma and is happy about the many visitors to his exhibition opening. Nevertheless, he tries to stay hidden, does not push himself forward in the direction of the lectern, and has to be looked for in the crowd by the opening speaker: “Allen, where are you? (Everyone, where are you?) "
He can obviously make himself invisible, because his “Streets, Alleys and Other Observations” from Chicago testify to this. He loves the situation, he is looking for the right moments to trigger the action with a breath of motion. He never comments on himself in his photos, prefers to remain hidden.

Bourgeois works with contrasts, reflections, shadows, looking through, is almost always artistic and only a little documentary on the way. He tells photographed stories, not fairy tales, not invented ones, but rather real life stories.

His photographs are influenced by Henri Cartier-Bresson (1908-2004), Robert Frank (* 1924) and Garry Winogrand (1928-1984), whom he also immediately gives as role models. And he speaks of them with great respect. He also appreciates Vivian Maier (1926-2009) and finds her more international than Robert Frank, who was born in Switzerland, although she took photographs in the USA.
He surrenders prefers not to take on any label as a categorization, not even that of "street photography". He is an observer, a master at recognizing and capturing moments that usually happen in a fraction of a second before they disappear. Spontaneity is the hallmark. “I can't plan my photos,” he says, “I experience these moments with my eyes open and my eyes wide open”. This is how they come about, his photos, and lie between humor and irony, but also oppression, and sometimes they are sometimes based on tragic moments.

An already older man with a highly durable gel and a pointedly raised but only moderately styled punk hairstyle looks with wide eyes at the display of his smartphone. From a passing sport utility vehicle (SUV) you can see a woman behind the tinted window, who in turn photographs this man with her smartphone, while Allen Bourgeois takes photos of the whole scene. Like a quick ball effect, there are lines of communication within the picture that react to each other and are connected to each other. This short moment of happening tells a whole story only through this photograph and promotes thinking far beyond this moment.

In the same row there is a picture showing two young people taking a selfie. The photo cell phone attached to a telescopic pole, in which the two look in love, is a very different moment for them than for the equally young man, who slumps down on a blanket a meter away, crouching on a blanket. The plastic cup in front of him is almost empty, maybe just two quarter-dollar coins in it. The cardboard sign is crumpled and almost in the same pose as the person, on which it can be read that he is homeless ... "Due to family and job loss ..." (Because of family and joblessness).

In another photo, we are directly looked at by a man whose eyes contain fear and pain as well as hope and comfort. Between his hooded sweater and his face you can still see the edge of a wool hat that keeps him warm. He, too - can be presumed - is homeless, but proud.

Two women walk in front of a large window in which the person opposite is reflected and talk. They ignore the happy dancing shadow sisters dancing around them as shop window decorations. "En Passant" would have been a good title, but all of Allen Bourgeois' work is "untitled".

The longer Bourgeois worked on this observation project, the clearer it became to him that these photographs are also a mirror of our society. They are snapshots - sometimes ironic and sometimes banal, often humorous but sometimes - like here and there - sad. Observations that may show us all how careless we are and who we are."

I added the photos Claus Friede was mentioning in his review.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up